Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need some lift answer before I buy my lift

Old 04-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
rsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Radar Platoon SGT
Name: Rick
rsincavage85's Tacoma Gallery
Need some lift answer before I buy my lift

Ok I think I found what I am going to do with my lift. Just concerned about the famous taco lean discussed inhere. Plan on buying AAL and 5100 for the front set to .85 or 1.75 not sure yet still need to measure the truck now sitting on level surface. Looks to sit really close to level now though. That I will figure out later and can go higher with blocks for the rear if need be. Question is would I have an issue with the lean or not? Seems like some do some don't.

Thanks for the honesty
Old 04-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
If you are using the Bilstein 5100s with your factory coils, then you should not have any lean issues.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
Alright I have a question now too. If I were to get 5100's for the front, I can set them to 2.5 using stock everything? Including coils? Thanks
Old 04-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
If you are using the Bilstein 5100s with your factory coils, then you should not have any lean issues.
Not exactly true in all cases. I have the 5100's / factory coils with the toytec spacer on the drivers side. I STILL have a slight lean. Also i have my 5100's set at .85 with the spring TSB. I have a very slight rake.