LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Upgrades....

Old 02-25-2007, 05:55 AM   #1
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Upgrades....

I have a question doesn't anyone else think that the rear stock suspension in the Tacoma's are too weak. The reason that i'm saying this is that when I put my 700 pound quad in the bed it causes my suspension to bottom out, and when I put the trailer and the quad on its even worst. Now that quad doesn't even come close to the payload capacity, so i'm been thinking about getting air bags to help raise the rear when loaded but they are kind of expensive. Does anyone else have this problem or other another solution.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I have a question doesn't anyone else think that the rear stock suspension in the Tacoma's are too weak. The reason that i'm saying this is that when I put my 700 pound quad in the bed it causes my suspension to bottom out, and when I put the trailer and the quad on its even worst. Now that quad doesn't even come close to the payload capacity.......
MAXTacoma, I can't confirm this right now since I don't have the book on me. If I remember right, the TRD Sport payload is just over 500 pounds (not 700) and the towing capacity is 6,500 pounds. You may have weakened your shocks by keeping your ATV on your bed for extended periods of time. That's my 2 cents.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have any prob with my 4wheeler in the bed of my truck and pulling a trailer with another one on it
Old 02-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
MAXTacoma: Check out the owners manual, pages 299 and 400 for cargo weight. Its 1300 pounds, which includes passenger weight.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I thought that the payload was larger than 500 but wasn't sure until i looked it up but I just don't know why my suspension bottoms out when its in there.... I would have thought that since i'm so far from the limit it wouldn't do that.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:01 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
Well I thought that the payload was larger than 500 but wasn't sure until i looked it up but I just don't know why my suspension bottoms out when its in there.... I would have thought that since i'm so far from the limit it wouldn't do that.
My guess would be weight distribution is the issue.

Are you driving a short bed or a long bed? If it is a long bed, I would suggest putting the quad as far forward as possible.

The other thing could be accessories on your quad. Extra racks, heaftier differentials, extra tanks, different wheels... these can all add to the weight of your quad to easily get up around 900 lbs. I say this because it happened to my uncle. He weighed his trailer with and without his quad on it, and the accessories and fuel added 200+ lbs to the quad.

You may want to look at adding a leaf to the rear end.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #7
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
bummer it's a new one too. so what's your plan now?
Old 03-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

i got a load of mulch yesterday they do it by weight i had 860lbs and it hardly squated had no prob with the weight they couldnt have changed the tacos that much do you have 2wd or 4x4 do you have the towing package that might be the dif
Old 03-03-2007, 05:46 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
i got a load of mulch yesterday they do it by weight i had 860lbs and it hardly squated had no prob with the weight they couldnt have changed the tacos that much do you have 2wd or 4x4 do you have the towing package that might be the dif
I am currently loaded up with 700 lbs of cinder blocks to build a foundation for my father's 5th wheel in San Antonio. I have a little bit of squat, but not enough to notice when driving. Oh, and my 2.7L doesn't even care!
Old 03-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #10

I have the towing package with a long bed 4x4 with the TRD Sport package so im not sure I guess that I will just have to either deal with the rear end hitting the frame when i have my quad in the bed or have to get some kind of air ride but I was just wondering if anyone had installed anything aftermarket......
Old 03-03-2007, 04:34 PM   #11

you might want to look into some helper springs