Notices

AAL advice

Old 04-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
bbaf2003 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Enlisted Aviator
bbaf2003's Tacoma Gallery
AAL advice

Ok guys,

I just finished putting on my front 5100s today. Set them at 1.75 and now even with the rear TSB I am sitting approx. 1 1/8" higher in the front than the back. was looking to be a bit more close to level so now I gotta get an AAL. My question is this. I can go with a 1.5" AAL and probably sit even. would getting the 2" make it alot of rake? I would like to tow or haul every now and then and now stare at the sky. What do you think?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
a 2 inch aal should be fine...cause it will settle after a little bit.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
bbaf2003 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Enlisted Aviator
bbaf2003's Tacoma Gallery
that's what I am leaning toward. I just wanted some experienced advice. Rather do it once and be done!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaf2003 View Post
that's what I am leaning toward. I just wanted some experienced advice. Rather do it once and be done!
once and done is a good plan.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
MyMistress is on a distinguished road

MyMistress's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any concern of DS vibration abnormal wear, or just awkward angle with the TSB + 2"AAL?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMistress View Post
Is there any concern of DS vibration abnormal wear, or just awkward angle with the TSB + 2"AAL?
you could possibly have some vibes from the drive shaft.....but do this, and it will help to eliminate the vibes......

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...k-you-too.html
Old 04-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you could possibly have some vibes from the drive shaft.....but do this, and it will help to eliminate the vibes......

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...k-you-too.html
Is that the infamous "axle wrap?"

I always think of Axel Rose pretending he's Vanilla Ice when I hear that phrase
Old 04-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
Is that the infamous "axle wrap?"

I always think of Axel Rose pretending he's Vanilla Ice when I hear that phrase
no........thats just some vibrations from the angle of the drive shaft. axle wrap is where the axle actually kinda rolls forward or backward a bit and you get a clunk from it sliding near the rear diff.

your comparison is awesome tho!!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
So.. no need for shims..? Thinking about it they work the same as shims but lower DS for straighter angle... right?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #10

Quote:
So.. no need for shims..? Thinking about it they work the same as shims but lower DS for straighter angle... right?
yeah....and they are alot easier to install....and relatively cheap to make as well.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #11

Nice.... I saw the flat bar aluminum at HD yesterday. 1" AAL will be added soon to my TSB, THANKS FOR THE INFO!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Nice.... I saw the flat bar aluminum at HD yesterday. 1" AAL will be added soon to my TSB, THANKS FOR THE INFO!!
no prob man.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
My truck still has a rake with the 5100's @ 1.75 and the TSB. Back is about 1 inch highber. Are you sure the coil seats aren't installed upside down on the billys? It's a common mistake.