1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just Ordered Toytec

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by braaap, May 8, 2008.

1. May 8, 2008 at 11:27 AM
    braaap

braaap [OP] "bangin"

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma pre-runner sr5 sport packa
    3" TOYTEC SPACER, REAR LEAF PACK TSB, PAINTED BLACK SPORT RIMS, JARDINE CATBACK, BRAAAP STICKER ON BACK WINDOW (BEST MOD SO MANY COMMENTS)
    I Just Ordered The 3" Toytec Lift W/ Aal. Im Going To Be Installing It My Self And Im Looking For Tips And Tool List Ill Need To Complete This Task. I Am Sotcked To See How It Comes Out Ive Seen Alot Of You Guys Do This To Your Trucks And They Look Great Thanks For The Help Fellas.:d

2. May 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I would recommend having atleast one other person there to help when installing the new coil springs back onto the truck. They'll be able to hold up the rotar and help manuever it all into place. I am used to working on older cars my biggest problem was not having all the metric tools. I had most but it requires 20,21,and 22mm sockets which I didn't have. I think you need all three sizes but maybe not and I just bought all three to cover my rear. I did not order the AAL so I can't help you there. When doing the front you have to lift both sides at once, I jacked them up and stuffed some skids under them only because the ground wouldn't support jack stands. The directions that come with it are pretty good. Enjoy working on your truck, and good luck. If you don't already have a coil spring compressor you can borrow one from Autozone or O'riley.

3. May 8, 2008 at 12:16 PM
    braaap

braaap [OP] "bangin"

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma pre-runner sr5 sport packa
    3" TOYTEC SPACER, REAR LEAF PACK TSB, PAINTED BLACK SPORT RIMS, JARDINE CATBACK, BRAAAP STICKER ON BACK WINDOW (BEST MOD SO MANY COMMENTS)
    I Just Got The Front Spacer Kit To Keep It Simple, And I Will Be Working With Some One On It So I Got That Covered Thanks For The Tips

4. May 8, 2008 at 8:00 PM
    Rockstar2448

Rockstar2448 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    05 Indigo Ink TRD Sport D-Cab LB 4x4 // 2020 Super White TRD Sport D-Cab LB 4x4
    2005: Toytec 3" Lift, Helo Maxx6 Chrome 17x8, Nitto Terra Grappler 265/70/17, Polished Billet Grill-Full Front Kit, Westin Polished SS Tube Steps, Leer 700 Tonneau, Fog Lights On Anytime, Debadged, USA Spec iPod Adapter, Britax car seat with special UNC color scheme, Window Tint, SilverStar bulbs 2020: TRD Skid Plate with front spoiler delete, emblems partial removal/blackout, Toyota folding hard tonneau
    I just installed the Toytec 3" kit, spacers up front and block in the rear. It's really not that hard. The back end is really easy. The front is a little more involved but nothing that hard. You will definitely need another person, my dad helped me. And you need a spring compressor tool. Thats the only special tool we needed. And make sure you have a jack and at least 2 stands. Otherwise it's just standard wrenches and sockets. Good Luck!!!!

5. May 8, 2008 at 10:15 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs

Products Discussed in

To Top