Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?

View Poll Results: Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?
I lifted and maintained rake 199 46.50%
I lifted and levelled 230 53.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #22
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished putting 5100s up front at 1.75" and have TSB springs in the back so I'm just about dead level... I'll have to measure as it looks like there might be a SLIGHT rake. Way better than TSB rear springs and stock front.. I looked like a door stop!

This winter we're planning on getting a pop-up camper and at that point I'll either get some additional height in the rear or drop the front 5100s to .85 so I'll be level when towing.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #24
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Mine was level but after flexing the snot outta it the rear has alot of sag thinking of putting a 2inch block for now but was thinking tsb with shackle flip
That is what happened to mine. I watched it go from a slight rake, to level, to 1/2" of sag over about 5k miles. I ended up just changing out to the Darkar leaf pack and it hasn't been an issue since.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #26
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
What u got on there now?

Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs
Old 06-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #27
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh, what is rake? I've made a few observations about this. Basically, it comes down to personnel tastes and what the person looking at it picks up on.
What I mean by this is, the 2nd Gen Tacoma has some things going on which create illusions of both forward and reverse rake.
The wheel well in the rear is cut about 1/2" higher in the rear in relation to cab-line. The bed rail sits at a reverse rake in relation to cab-line, which is really...'different' for a truck. I especially pick up on this, because I have a DCLB.
Those who like more forward rake are less affected by these than those who favor a 'level' stance.
Measuring front/rear wheel wells is generally considered the way to measure rake. But, a 3" rake on a reg cab will actually have more rake than a DCLB; measured in degrees.
Now throw in a Sport hood....
It hurts my head...lol.
I like me a little rake; at least enough to level the bed rail since that's what I pick up on. I hope to accomplish this with my OME/Dakar set up.

Or, I just might be full of it
Old 10-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #28
HARDCORE CARNIVORE BOW HUNTER
lynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
lynyrd3's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lynyrd3
Question suspension question ,thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I installed 5100's at 1.75" in the front and 1.5" aal's and 5100's in the back. I was hoping to have just a slight rake like the factory stance and it came out pretty close. I often carry loads and do not want to sag and bottom out.
Hey just curious about this ,My bilsteins are @ 1.75 and I plan on doing the same thing you did to your rear. Do you have an problems at all from this ? Vibes or any thing unusual ? Thanks
Old 10-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #29
Taco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco76087 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Taco76087's Tacoma Gallery
Too much rake?

Old 10-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #31
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Too much?

Fronts going up 1.75" tomorrow. But for now it looks like a "door stop".
Old 10-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #32
East808sidE is on a distinguished road
East808sidE's Tacoma Gallery
TOOK 3 TRIES...

Old 10-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #33
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
mine has about a 1 inch rake because i left the aal in.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #34
armyairforce89 is on a distinguished road
Army: Sgt. A Co. 1/106 Aviation
armyairforce89's Tacoma Gallery
Rake

I say leave at least a slight rake to allow for the settling that is bound to happen. It seems as though our trucks are destined to sag, so if you work too hard to level it your just going to end up with negative rake. Just my opinion though, I think they look better level or a slight rake.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #36
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
I don't like trucks that sit ass high. Level or reverse raked is my fave. I prefer a little ass low, but just a little.
I like ass high...

but, then again I'm a fan of women in heels.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #37
bud3ll is on a distinguished road

Name: vic
bud3ll's Tacoma Gallery
bilsteins on all four corners, front set at 1.75. Didn't do the tsb or aal cuz I like it a little nose high. Oh yeah got the driver side spacer too for that damn tacoma lean!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:56 AM   #38
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up with lots of rake. My original intention was to lift and reduce rake, not remove just reduce.

I measured from the ground up through the center of the hub stopping at the top of the wheel well. Tires are 31x10.5. This was a few weeks ago, so the rear may have settled some by now. I think it has, but I might just be getting used to it.

Front passenger: 36"
Front driver: 36 1/8"
Rear passenger 39 1/2"
Rear driver: 39 5/8"

If you want more info about this particular snafu, check out my build thread, page 2. I honestly can't decide if I like it this way or not. I keep bouncing back and forth...
Old 11-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #39
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
I ended up with lots of rake. My original intention was to lift and reduce rake, not remove just reduce.

I measured from the ground up through the center of the hub stopping at the top of the wheel well. Tires are 31x10.5. This was a few weeks ago, so the rear may have settled some by now. I think it has, but I might just be getting used to it.

Front passenger: 36"
Front driver: 36 1/8"
Rear passenger 39 1/2"
Rear driver: 39 5/8"

If you want more info about this particular snafu, check out my build thread, page 2. I honestly can't decide if I like it this way or not. I keep bouncing back and forth...
I say, move it up to the 2.5" setting and call it good! Course then your tires will look small so you'll need 32s after that.