Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?

View Poll Results: Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?
I lifted and maintained rake 201 46.74%
I lifted and levelled 230 53.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 430. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #41
Nick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nick
Nick_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
im about even now...got the taco lean of course

might add a shackle in the back for a slight rake
Old 11-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #42
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

docbrown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
I installed 5100's at 1.75" in the front and 1.5" aal's and 5100's in the back. I was hoping to have just a slight rake like the factory stance and it came out pretty close. I often carry loads and do not want to sag and bottom out.
/\/\/\/\ - Same here.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #43
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I lifted and maintained the rake, because I haul a lot, as well as tow, so I didnt want the ass end of the truck 3" below the front when loaded.
Im at 3.25" front, and 3" rear
Old 12-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #44
fathog84 is on a distinguished road
fathog84's Tacoma Gallery
I just put the 5100 on front and back with AAL.. How exactly donu measure if I am level or have a rake
Old 12-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #45
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
At first I was level. Then I lifted the rear about 1.5" more than the front for a rake since I add 250 to 300lb of sand bags in my box during the winter.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #46
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
i like a little bit of rake...
Old 12-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #47
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do billy's at 1.75 with the tsb or equivalent. This seems to be the mosy common/popular way to level and its about as high a I want to go. My question is if I cant get the dealer to approve the tsb, how much lift is everyone getting from the tsb? About 1" seems to be the common answer and most aal's I find are 1.5". I don't want the rear too high. So that leaves me down to doing a 1" block on the rear if the dealer wont approve me for the tsb.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:11 AM   #48
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I maintained the rake (not quite stock due to weight of the shell), but I got 3" from the OME 885s & 3" from the Dakars.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #49
Squirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Squirrel cage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I want to do billy's at 1.75 with the tsb or equivalent. This seems to be the mosy common/popular way to level and its about as high a I want to go. My question is if I cant get the dealer to approve the tsb, how much lift is everyone getting from the tsb? About 1" seems to be the common answer and most aal's I find are 1.5". I don't want the rear too high. So that leaves me down to doing a 1" block on the rear if the dealer wont approve me for the tsb.
My tsb springs gave me 1/2". Then added 1.5" aal, and 885 coils with billies set at .85. Now my truck sets level.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #50
Squirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shedSquirrel cage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356375984.827506.jpg
And next to my buddy's stock access cab.
Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356376019.255070.jpg
Old 12-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #51
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel cage View Post
My tsb springs gave me 1/2". Then added 1.5" aal, and 885 coils with billies set at .85. Now my truck sets level.
Thanks and beautiful truck! So how much lift does that equal out to in the front? 3"? Love the stance.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Thanks and beautiful truck! So how much lift does that equal out to in the front? 3"? Love the stance.
Thank you! It's about 3 1/2" in the front.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #53
LAMB01 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
LAMB01's Tacoma Gallery
what is a rake?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #54
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMB01 View Post
what is a rake?
rake

/rāk/
Noun
  • An implement consisting of a pole with a crossbar toothed like a comb at the end, or with several tines held together by a crosspiece,...
  • A fashionable or wealthy man of dissolute or promiscuous habits.
  • The angle at which a thing slopes.
Lifted and level:

Just leveled:
Old 12-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #55
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel cage View Post
Attachment 186384
And next to my buddy's stock access cab.
Attachment 186385
Is that the one that's coming with us on Saturday?
Old 12-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Is that the one that's coming with us on Saturday?
Yeah, hopefully!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #58
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Level!