Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?

View Poll Results: Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?
I lifted and maintained rake 199 46.50%
I lifted and levelled 230 53.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #61
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
The first pic kind of looks like it's a little nose high but I understand pictures are sometimes misleading.

I don't mind a little rake. I just don't want it to ever look nose high.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #62
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I kept rake. Lift is Eibach coils and TSB leaf pack.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #63
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post
The first pic kind of looks like it's a little nose high but I understand pictures are sometimes misleading.

I don't mind a little rake. I just don't want it to ever look nose high.
Funny you say that because I have the "taco lean" so the passenger side sits 1/4" higher in the front so it kinda does look nose high on that side. But also note that the factory step rails tend to angle down towards the rear which to me kinda makes it have the nose high look. I looked at them before the 5100's because it drives me crazy but couldn't see any adjustment for them. I may look at them again and actually put a wrench to them and try to even them up.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #64
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77

Level
Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #65
tundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nice

tundrataco's Tacoma Gallery
i put bilstein 5100's to the 3rd notch from the bottom, and rear 2.5"aal's. front went fron 34 - 37.5". i didnt measure the back, but i still have a rake. im going to put the front shocks to the highest perch and hopefully it will level out..
Old 02-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #66
tundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nice

tundrataco's Tacoma Gallery
to me my truck doesnt looked lifted/modded when theres a rake.. imo
Old 02-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #67
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Level or front end slightly higher. Can't stand rear end sitting higher. personal preference. Front end higher is my personal fave.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #69
cjc is on a distinguished road

cjc's Tacoma Gallery
Kept just a little rake, Bilstein 5100's on front set to 1.75", Wheelers HD progressive AAL pack on rear. For me, it came out about right.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #70
TacomaSportLB is on a distinguished road
Army: 1st Cavalry Division, Ft. Hood, TX
Name: Dad
TacomaSportLB's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed after putting 5100's up front @ 2.5" and doing nothing to the rear I don't have to strain to see if the light has turned green. On top of that my back doesn't hurt as much due from sitting so far forward. So I don't have to shim my seat.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #71
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Lift and level. Airbags for keeping it level with weight in it. Personally can't stand the rake.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #72
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
No rake...I like it level...unless you're down with the bro lean
Old 05-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #73
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my question, my 03 DC TRD sits almost level now w/factory suspension. Only 1/2 " difference front to rear. I assume my leafs have about had it. I dont want to have to go through this shit more than once. I also dont want a whole bunch of lift. Can anybody tell me how high the rear usually sits center hub to fender so i can allow for that when buying new leafs. I have almost zero rake now. The rear leafs are at level or maybe a little past.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #74
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery

Rake for sure, cant really tell it in the crappy pic. I wanted rake cause when I didn't have my dakars I would bottom out with hardly nothing in the bed. Its a truck not a car.
My hub to fender measurements are 25 inches In the back and 22.5 driver (need taco lean spacer) and 23.5 passinger side front.

thanks,

Brett
Old 05-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #75
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco76087 View Post
Too much rake?

Nope, looks like a truck should!

Old 05-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #76
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Larry;2357837]I like ass high...

but, then again I'm a fan of women in heels. [/QUOTE

!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #77
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=ndcmack;6843808]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I like ass high...

but, then again I'm a fan of women in heels. [/QUOTE

!!!
Funny!

Brett
Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #79
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I like ass high...

but, then again I'm a fan of women in heels.

Quote:
Slight rake if you actually use your truck as a truck.
Amen!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #80
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
Seems to me that if you lift and level, then when you haul a load, you get the Bro look.