Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?

View Poll Results: Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?
I lifted and maintained rake 199 46.50%
I lifted and levelled 230 53.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #81
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Rake? Pssshhh

Old 05-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #82
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzerdoo77 View Post

Level
DAAAANG! That looks sweet! Sits perfect and good color
Old 05-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #83
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Level

Sits about level. Bilstein set at stock height w/ eibach 620lb coils up front, new Dakar leaf packs (2.25" lift) with 5125's in rear. Had the slightest bit of bro lean after install but has settled to just about level. 33" tires comming soon!!!

After measuring from ground to edge of fender flare its 38.5" in the front, and 38.25" in the rear. I guess it has the slightest bro lean. I don't mind, I like the way it sits!
Attached Thumbnails
Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?-image.jpg  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #84
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Well I haven't lifted (yet), but I definitely plan to keep the rake... I use my truck as a truck. Don't want a bro-lean when hauling.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #85
rfsdave is on a distinguished road
Army: 1166 Cbt Het Co. Kuwait/ Iraq
Name: Dave
rfsdave's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the bro lean look. I also hate too much rake. Just sayin......
Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #87
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Trucks are supposed to have rake
How much rake would you say is good OZ, 1 inch? 2?
Old 08-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #88
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
How much rake would you say is good OZ, 1 inch? 2?
My truck has 1 1/2" and I think it looks just right
Old 08-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #89
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I'm going for when I install my lift next weekend.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #90
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. So there is 1 1/2in more distance in rear when measuring center hub to fender lip (or ground to fender flare lip)? In other words, to be level, the two distances would be the same, but with rake, this is a good reference point to keep the rear 1 1/2in higher?
Old 08-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #91
SABAJA is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AFSOC
SABAJA's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't vote, because my truck came with a slight lift in the front and rear, more so in the front. Looks about level to me most of the time, but then sometimes looks to have an ever so slight negative rake, but I've not measured.

I PREFER more of a positive rake though and may end up doing some Dakars in the rear to give myself a little more support. I'm not going to do a whole lift because I already paid a premium for the Baja's higher grade TRD shocks.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #92
Chakraj is on a distinguished road
Chakraj's Tacoma Gallery
I have gone through the whole range in the two months I have had my truck.
Purchased vehicle 2.5 inch rake.
Wanted to level/lift got 5100 all around set front at 1.75 align vehicle. No rake
To low
Purchased toytec coilovers, Dakar leaf pack, removed third leaf, align vehicle, Bro lean.
Purchased new wheels and larger tires, back to low now with larger tires
Re install third leaf in dakars, wanted 1 more inch but with the shims and the squeak fix it went up 2 inches. Align vehicle, back to 2 inch rake.

I like it flat, but it's a truck, and I like being high.

Fing alignment shops are getting rich of me.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakraj View Post
I have gone through the whole range in the two months I have had my truck.
Purchased vehicle 2.5 inch rake.
Wanted to level/lift got 5100 all around set front at 1.75 align vehicle. No rake
To low
Purchased toytec coilovers, Dakar leaf pack, removed third leaf, align vehicle, Bro lean.
Purchased new wheels and larger tires, back to low now with larger tires
Re install third leaf in dakars, wanted 1 more inch but with the shims and the squeak fix it went up 2 inches. Align vehicle, back to 2 inch rake.

I like it flat, but it's a truck, and I like being high.

Fing alignment shops are getting rich of me.
Sounds like you could benefit/ save by getting the lifetime alignment. That's what I got and I've had it back in to get aligned atleast 4 times now. Best $100 bucks I ever spent.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #94
Airforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Ex-Air Force AMMO
Name: Brad
Airforce131's Tacoma Gallery
Having a truck that sits ass low is just damn ugly in my opinion....whats the point?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #95
FTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FTD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforce131 View Post
Having a truck that sits ass low is just damn ugly in my opinion....whats the point?
It's the truck version of twerking.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #96
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Lifted and looks to be like I maintained the rake with the eibach coils and expos

Old 10-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #97
Airforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirforce131 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Ex-Air Force AMMO
Name: Brad
Airforce131's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD View Post
It's the truck version of twerking.
Oh ok, now i get it.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #98
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Raked now with 5100's all around set to highest, and Alcan rear springs. For some reason my Alcans lifted my rear close to 4-5"! Pulled 2 leafs and it rides butter smooth now and sits about 2.5 inches raked with the saggy stock coils set to max. Replacing with Eibachs soon so we'll see how everything measures up after.

I like level, maybe 1" or less raked. I haul a dirt bike or two, mountain bikes and furniture when I move a friend. Thinking of a camper but I still have spare leaves from the Alcan I can throw back in if it settles more or need more capacity.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #99
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure how it's going to sit after the lift but i prefer a factory rake than level. I have used my truck as a truck than I thought I have and hate sagging while having a load in the bed.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #100
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
My truck on the left sits perfectly level