Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?

View Poll Results: Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?
I lifted and maintained rake 199 46.50%
I lifted and levelled 230 53.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 428. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
All Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to all

Name: Joe
All Beef Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Lift w/ Rake or Lift & Level?

I'm curious to see what most folks have done with their given lifts setups. Did you lift and level, or did you lift and maintain a rake? Please chime in with your setup specs and height measurements if possible.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Rake for load carrying.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
All Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to allAll Beef Taco is a name known to all

Name: Joe
All Beef Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Guess I should also have asked: if you lifted and kept a rake, what is your height difference front and back, post-lift?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
i got 5100s all around with OME 883 lifting springs which raised the front about 1 1/2"-2".....so it still has a rake but the rake is only about an inch rather than the almost 3" rake it had stock

Old 04-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I have rake, I dont want it but its there.
OME 9000s with 885s
Toytec 1.5 aal

This was a few months ago, its almost gone now just on the drivers side there is still the rake, but i just picked up the .25 spacer so it will be gone soon
Old 04-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3'' of lift in the front and 2.5'' in the rear. Its about an inch higher in the rear. I love how the rake on mine looks
Old 04-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
I really wish I had a rake but my truck is pretty level (rake measures 1/4"). I am sure it is due to my fiberglass topper weighing a couple hundred pounds. I have actually been thinking of going to some dakar rear leafs to get the rear up a little higher than my 1.5" AAL. I really liked the way the truck sat with rear suspension tsb, no top, and stock suspension.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
y would u wanna lift n not level it? mite as well not lift at all
Old 04-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I maitained a rake. I have billy all around set 2.5 in the front and a toytec AAL. My rear is about 1 inch higher at the most.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #11
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has leveled out pretty well.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:35 AM   #12
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
I have rake, I dont want it but its there.
OME 9000s with 885s
Toytec 1.5 aal

This was a few months ago, its almost gone now just on the drivers side there is still the rake, but i just picked up the .25 spacer so it will be gone soon
looks to me like your 885's sagged.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #13
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
At first I had mine level cause I left out one of the leafs to keep it level. Then I was having bottoming out problems when I was off road and having a heavy load in the bed. So I installed the other leaf and now I have the rake. Similiar to stock. I like it and truck rides better to me. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #14
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Slight rake.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #15
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
I have been noticing that almost all of the lifted domestics I see around town have a negative rake. I don't get it.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #16
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobo670 View Post
y would u wanna lift n not level it? mite as well not lift at all
cuz when you haul something in the back the front will be alot higher than the rear if it's perfectly level when nothing is in the back....the rake is there so when you haul something the truck will still sit pretty level...plus it just looks better to have a rake...the problem is the factory rake is just too much...mine was 3"...now it is 1" and when i put my atv in the back it's pretty much level.....and it gives you more room under the front wheel well to fit bigger tires in there too
Old 04-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #17
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
mine has leveled out quite nicely
Old 04-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #18
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like trucks that sit ass high. Level or reverse raked is my fave. I prefer a little ass low, but just a little.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #19
DARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to behold
DARK TRD's Tacoma Gallery
i did the the three inch leveling kit it came with 3 in for front and 2 in aal for back i had my wife drive it and i looked at it driving it looked like it was going to start flying like 747 it looked fine parked but not cool driving so i added a 1 in block looks perfect just like stock but threee in higher
Old 04-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #20
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
When measuring mine, the back actually sits 1/2" higher than the front, though it doesn't look like that: