Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

I need some lift opinions.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
krisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of lightkrisjw101 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Kris
krisjw101's Tacoma Gallery
I need some lift opinions.

I have really wanted to lift my truck for a while and I was thinking of going with one of the following. I have heard great things about both (hours of reading on this site) and I'm just trying to get more advise. Please tell me your opinion.

1. 5100 all the way around with an all in the rear. set all the way up in the front.

2. The OME complete lift kit.

Also if you have time give me pros and cons with either.

Thanks

Kris W.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer the OME stuff. They seem to ride better and offer better performance offroad by resisting heating and fading better than the Bilsteins from my experiences.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
if you got the $$$ go for the OME kit. it'll ride better becuase you'll be replacing the coil springs and not just compressing them
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
DblstuftTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
DblstuftTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I went with teh OME kit 1 week ago for my 1st gen. Love it so far. It gives a full 3" in the front and a full 2" in the rear with the AAL.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I'm ordering the OME Monday. After going back and forth between the 5100's and the OME kit for almost a year, the OME seems to to be the right choice for me.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Ome ftw.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Ome!!!

I just installed OME front supension, 884s and Sport shocks for my access cab. Installing aal and Bilstein 5100 in the rear this weekend.
Im super happy!! i didnt add the top plate for added lift, but if you want close to 3 " go for the OME 884 and top plates.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
Living the dream !!!
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
The OME setup is awesome! I've had mine on my truck for just over a year now and it still sits very level, the ride quality on all on/off road surfaces is vastly improved over stock. Well worth the money in my opinion.

BTW, a few folks I know have the 5100s and like them. I think it really depends on what you're willing to spend (what your budget is). OME is better but costs more. And you can get better then OME, but again it'll cost more.