1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drive Shaft swap!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ETaco23, May 10, 2008.

1. May 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Just got Pics uploaded!!! check em out...

I Just took it out again, and relized that if I eccelerate fast, I feel a slight vibe 20 to 30. But its so slight, I barely even notice it.

2. Jun 12, 2008 at 11:17 AM
    dvlpwb

dvlpwb New Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma trd
    window tint. bed cover stripped trd graphics
    hi guys,

I'm sure many of you have either experienced and or have heard the issues dealing with the 05-08 tacoma drivetrain "clunk and rattle" noises. Basically, whenever I drive over bumps there's that noise and it's much louder when the truck is neutral. I've taken it to the dealer 3 times and then ultimately having two toyota reps come out to tell me that it's a design flaw, which I didn't believe so we actually test drove a new truck and it made the same noise! I'm basically at my wits end with this and I'm about to trade it in, but I've read on here about a tom woods driveshaft. I called them today and they said it should fix the problem (custom one piece). They needed me to measure my current driveshaft. Does anyone have any insight to this or have ordered it for their truck? My is a stock trd 4wd tacoma 6spd.

Thanks guys.

3. Jun 12, 2008 at 6:53 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Yeah I know of some guys on here that have gotten a Tom Wood's drive shaft, and they have all said that it made a huge difference and it drives real smooth. But the only truck it wont work on, is the double cab long bed. The truck is too long for a one piece. But other wise it should be fine.

Products Discussed in

To Top