Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Drive Shaft swap!!!

Old 05-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #21
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Just got Pics uploaded!!! check em out...

I Just took it out again, and relized that if I eccelerate fast, I feel a slight vibe 20 to 30. But its so slight, I barely even notice it.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #22
dvlpwb is on a distinguished road
dvlpwb's Tacoma Gallery
drivetrain noise

hi guys,

I'm sure many of you have either experienced and or have heard the issues dealing with the 05-08 tacoma drivetrain "clunk and rattle" noises. Basically, whenever I drive over bumps there's that noise and it's much louder when the truck is neutral. I've taken it to the dealer 3 times and then ultimately having two toyota reps come out to tell me that it's a design flaw, which I didn't believe so we actually test drove a new truck and it made the same noise! I'm basically at my wits end with this and I'm about to trade it in, but I've read on here about a tom woods driveshaft. I called them today and they said it should fix the problem (custom one piece). They needed me to measure my current driveshaft. Does anyone have any insight to this or have ordered it for their truck? My is a stock trd 4wd tacoma 6spd.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #23
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpwb View Post
hi guys,

I'm sure many of you have either experienced and or have heard the issues dealing with the 05-08 tacoma drivetrain "clunk and rattle" noises. Basically, whenever I drive over bumps there's that noise and it's much louder when the truck is neutral. I've taken it to the dealer 3 times and then ultimately having two toyota reps come out to tell me that it's a design flaw, which I didn't believe so we actually test drove a new truck and it made the same noise! I'm basically at my wits end with this and I'm about to trade it in, but I've read on here about a tom woods driveshaft. I called them today and they said it should fix the problem (custom one piece). They needed me to measure my current driveshaft. Does anyone have any insight to this or have ordered it for their truck? My is a stock trd 4wd tacoma 6spd.

Thanks guys.
Yeah I know of some guys on here that have gotten a Tom Wood's drive shaft, and they have all said that it made a huge difference and it drives real smooth. But the only truck it wont work on, is the double cab long bed. The truck is too long for a one piece. But other wise it should be fine.