1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Detailed Measurements for 5100's & TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ChibbMD, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Apr 25, 2010 at 8:51 PM
    ChibbMD

ChibbMD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab
    Hey folks. I just got my rear TSB done a couple weeks ago and got my 5100's installed this past week. I took some very detailed measurements during the whole process because I had a hard time deciding on the .85 or 1.75 settings, and being a wee bit on the over-analytical side I wanted some good data to help make my decision. There's always a bunch of discussion about which setting to use up front so I thought I would make my contribution to the conversation. Knowing that results vary from vehicle to vehicle your situation may be different. This is just one guy's experience.

The one thing I didn't do (and I wish I would have) was measure the rear before the TSB. That would have really completed my analysis. Oh well, before and after 5100 measurements will have to do. All measurements are from the ground to middle of the wheel well.

Before (rear TSB, nothing up front):

FL = 35 1/8
    FR = 35 5/8
    RL = 38 1/8
    RR = 38 1/8

So that essentially equated to a 3 inch rake (too much in my opinion) and a 1/2" taco lean up front.

After (rear TSB and 5100's, fronts set to 1.75):

FL = 37
    FR = 37 3/8
    RL = 38 1/2
    RR = 38 1/2

So now I've got a 1.5" rake and still have a 3/8" lean. My TSB is only a couple weeks old so I assume that it will settle .5-.75" but even then I'll still have a very slight .5-.75" rake. I may go with a spacer on the front left to eliminate the lean.

I was really leaning toward the .85 setting but am glad I went with the 1.75. I do think I got a little more lift in the back from the TSB than some of the others I've read about here so that might have factored in. I do some regular towing (trailer and motorcycles) so I might ride a touch high in the front under load. I think I'll do some more measuring when I'm trailered/loaded up.

Anyway, hope this might be some helpful info to anyone who's contemplating this.

2. Apr 25, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    Hipster

Hipster Nothing beats a Butter Shave..

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC trd 4x4
    Billy's @ .85 w/ Eibachs front, TSB w/ 5100's rear + 1.5" AAL & shims, Debadged, Avid Bolt On Sliders, NFab Light Bar w/ (2) Lightforce 170's. Weathertechs, ATO bed bars.
    That is very helpful as I'm debating on which lift to use. I'll get the TSB and I'm leaning towards 5100's with Eibach/Toytec springs and if they're set @.85 I thought I read it'll give me a 2.5" lift up front. With the TSB I'll have a small rake, which I'm fine with. Thanks for the measurements!

hip

3. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:15 AM
    MyMistress

MyMistress Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport 4X
    Leveled front, TSB rear, TSB Transmission, Always on fog lights, Socked windshield / bedsides, Trimmed mud flaps, Weather Techs, 4 Extra d-rings, Map Light Mod, Avid Light Bar, OEM Bed Mat, Locked Back Window, Secret Stash Area,
    How / where on the truck did you take the measurements? Just wondering because I have the TSB with 2" spacers up front, and would like a bit more rake. Was thinking about putting in a 1" AAL in rear but wanted to get total measurements first (like you did)...

Thanks for your help....

Products Discussed in

To Top