1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Dakar Leaf Pack - need advice....

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ACE_Taco, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Apr 27, 2010 at 6:11 AM
    ACE_Taco

ACE_Taco [OP] Long Range Practical Marksman

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DBLCab TRD 4x4
    OME 885x Coils, Dakar Leafs, OME Shocks, TC UCAs, BHLM, Tailgate MOD, WeatherTec Window Deflectors, WeatherTec Floor Mats, Blacked Out chrome bumber, Satoshi Grille, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    I just purchased a Dakar leafpack for the Tacoma DC SB. Right now, I have OME 885s/9000 on the front & TSB packs on the rear. I am almost 3/4" high in the front now that my leafpacks have settled.

My questions are should I remove a leaf from the Dakars? I do not want to be 1.5" high in the rear. I am looking to be around 3/4" high in the rear after they settle. How much do the Dakars settle?? If I do not remove a leaf now, do I have to completely remove the packs later to just remove a leaf?

Please ONLY reply if you have owned or installed Dakars.....

Thanks

2. Apr 27, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    Tint, sliders, puddle pods, on my way to more….
    I have the dakars and just added the xtra leaf to make them heavy duty and yes I believe that you do have to take them totally apart, I had to to add a leaf you might be able to leave them on and loosen and lower things and slid the 3rd leaf out.I dont know how much they settle but by removing the 3rd leaf you will loose a little hauling weight and around 1/2 to 5/8 in of lift.If you plan on hauling anything I would leave them in, drive around for a couple of weeks and see if they settle enough. Good luck

3. Apr 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM
    ACE_Taco

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DBLCab TRD 4x4
    OME 885x Coils, Dakar Leafs, OME Shocks, TC UCAs, BHLM, Tailgate MOD, WeatherTec Window Deflectors, WeatherTec Floor Mats, Blacked Out chrome bumber, Satoshi Grille, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    Thanks. Also, do you guys know if the center pins are long enough to accomodate 3* axle shims, if needed?

4. Apr 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    goride

goride Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    22 4dr lb white off-road
    Tint, sliders, puddle pods, on my way to more….
    What silverback07 said.

5. Apr 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    ACE_Taco

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DBLCab TRD 4x4
    For U-Bolts, do I need the 7.5" or 8.5"?? I want to be able to use axle shims if needed.

6. Apr 30, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    the OME u bolts are plenty long. Wheelers has them here As far as shims, give the CB drop a try, pretty easy put in.

Products Discussed in

To Top