Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tomorrow is lift day!

Old 05-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Tomorrow is lift day!

Well, after an exhaustive search and many many phone calls to various shops, I have decided to tackle my Toytec spacer lift myself. I'll probably be posting pictures of the whole process with MS Paint arrows pointing to parts with the words "Is that supposed to look like that?"

I'll be sure to take a before and after with my stock tires.

Wish me luck!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
good luck man!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
01TACOGUY is on a distinguished road
01TACOGUY's Tacoma Gallery
good luck cant be too hard
Old 05-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
Conservative
Motorkopf is on a distinguished road

Marines: 3002
Motorkopf's Tacoma Gallery
Just follow the directions. It's pretty easy. The hardest part is the effort into compressing the shocks.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
good luck buddy
Old 05-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Well, after an exhaustive search and many many phone calls to various shops, I have decided to tackle my Toytec spacer lift myself. I'll probably be posting pictures of the whole process with MS Paint arrows pointing to parts with the words "Is that supposed to look like that?"

I'll be sure to take a before and after with my stock tires.

Wish me luck!
Good Luck, Make sure to finish in time for mid-shift..
Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
FloridaTaco is on a distinguished road
FloridaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Looking forward to see your pictures, Good luck............
Old 05-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
I was curious what all shops you called in DFW regarding installing your lift. I have only contacted 4 wheel parts but would like to hear some other names or reputable shops that do lifts in DFW! Any help of some reputable shops would be nice and good luck on your install!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you dont want to mess with the compressing of the springs, take out the struts and take them to a suspension shop. Have them install the parts off the truck. Should only be $20.00 or so per strut. Then just take them home, re install, get an alighnment, and enjoy! Have fun!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #10
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck. It's not that bad.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:59 PM   #11
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
good luck Ocha. i know a couple of our members have done it themselves
Old 05-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #12
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Cypert View Post
I was curious what all shops you called in DFW regarding installing your lift. I have only contacted 4 wheel parts but would like to hear some other names or reputable shops that do lifts in DFW! Any help of some reputable shops would be nice and good luck on your install!
Forgive the late, untimely response, but TW still isn't delivering my mail...

I called...

4 Wheel Parts in Benbrook (Who informed me that they do not install anything that they do not sell.)

Mike's Off-Road in East Ft Worth (Long story short; $450 install + $100 alignment...screw that,)

Toyota of Irving (Who I am NOT happy with. I talked to a member over on CustomTacos.com who had it done there, and then the service adviser informed me that they absolutely do not modify any vehicles. Arguments ensued, curse words were muttered, phones were slammed.)

Off Road Innovators (Called 3 times, left 2 messages, no response, no getting my money.)

and Diamond Off Road Customs (Wanted to sell me extra parts like UCAs. Not normally a problem, but I just don't have the extra cash right now.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #13
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Forgive the late, untimely response, but TW still isn't delivering my mail...

I called...

4 Wheel Parts in Benbrook (Who informed me that they do not install anything that they do not sell.)

Mike's Off-Road in East Ft Worth (Long story short; $450 install + $100 alignment...screw that,)

Toyota of Irving (Who I am NOT happy with. I talked to a member over on CustomTacos.com who had it done there, and then the service adviser informed me that they absolutely do not modify any vehicles. Arguments ensued, curse words were muttered, phones were slammed.)

Off Road Innovators (Called 3 times, left 2 messages, no response, no getting my money.)

and Diamond Off Road Customs (Wanted to sell me extra parts like UCAs. Not normally a problem, but I just don't have the extra cash right now.

The only place I contacted was 4 Wheel Parts in Coppell and they also stated they didn't install anything they didn't carry. You would think in such a big area offroad shops would be a dime a dozen lining up to do the installs. Thanks for all of your help and good luck with your install!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #14
&quot;bangin&quot;
braaap is on a distinguished road

braaap's Tacoma Gallery
Ill Be Following In Your Foot Steps This Sunday... Good Luck!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #15
Brnpuddin is on a distinguished road

Brnpuddin's Tacoma Gallery
Good Luck! Can't wait to see it!
Old 05-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #16
Bourbon

Here's something weird...I finished the front and am waiting to start the rear in the morning. I decided to measure the distance from the frame to the ground, and it's the same on the front and the back! For further shits and giggles, I put a level on the bed and it read dead on level! I still have the 1.5" blocks to go on the rear, but want the truck to be level...

Should I forgo the blocks? What are the opinions of some of you who have the Toytec spacer lift installed?
Old 05-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #17
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
i had 4wheel parts install mine no prob cool guys, damn it sucks that no one wanted to install them for you unless you bought it from them,
Old 05-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #18
Bourbon

Well, for all interested parties...here is the finished (for now) product!

Stock

Front spacers on

Front spacers only (no rear blocks)

3/4 View
Old 05-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #19
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
That looks great man, i dont think you need the blocks.... it looks very good leveled
Old 05-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #20
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
That looks great man, i dont think you need the blocks.... it looks very good leveled
I think so too. It just blew my mind to see it come out so level. I guess I shouldn't question fortunate circumstances!