1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05-up 6" Lifts: one new, one MIA?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by RelentlessFab, May 13, 2008.

1. May 13, 2008 at 12:51 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab [OP] Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I started looking around at 6" lifts today and noticed that some sites state that the Fabtech kits are currently not in stock and are going through a re-design? Anyone else hear of this?:confused::(
    I also found another newcomer (finally....another one!:rolleyes:) to the 2nd gen 6" lift market:D- Tuffcountry. they have a new basic and performance kit out that is pretty reasonably priced- about $1400 basic, $2300 performance w/ racerunner coilovers.
    http://www.suspensionconnection.com...e/to=x/tf=model/to=x/tf=description/to=r.html
    [​IMG]

2. May 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM
    hanakepa

hanakepa New Member

Member:
    K-DEN GARAGE, HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    TRD TACOMA
    is Tuff Country any good? what about pro-comp or fab-tech?

how many are running which kit?

3. May 14, 2008 at 7:02 PM
    hail-bop Command

hail-bop Command Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I Don't Crawl I Haul A$$!
    I have 6" stage ll pro comp and I really like it... I added the steering stabilizers and tractions bars and it runs like a Cadillac on the road and does its thing offroad as well.

4. May 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    before i found that tuff country came up to the plate with a new kit, i've really gone between the Pro comp and Fabtech, but now i really cant decide. I like the fabtech's appearance the best, but its also the most expensive..... and im in college and not made of money, i have a hard enough time paying for school, truck payments and its' insurance yet alone 2600 for a lift kit that's gonna make me lose gas mileage. If i got a kit, i might try out this tuff country one. Its quite reasonably priced and looks pretty decent.

5. May 17, 2008 at 11:29 AM
    20taco07

20taco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2007 toyota tacoma sr5 trd sport 4x4
    if you aint got the money dont lift just, yet, becasue when you lift something , it requires bigger tires to look better, and with bigger tires you will need gears, unless you want to go from pump to pump, my 00 taco with 35"s and no gears was getting me an average of 13 to 14 mpg. go with a 3 inch its much cheaper than the 6, or save up some more and do the 6, i personally am going to get the 6' fabtech very soon for my new truck.

6. May 17, 2008 at 12:04 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    yeah, 35's would run ya about 11 or 12 hundred bucks, then the gears are $600+install. thats on top of the lift, so its pretty easy to spend ALOT to get the height. the Tuff Country kit actually recommends a set of 33's though, and it looks pretty good with them. If you only run 33's, then the factory gears would probably be fine since so many people run 33's on a 3" lift and still get decent gas mileage and power.

7. May 17, 2008 at 1:06 PM
    trd4us

trd4us Active Member

Member:
    va
    Vehicle:
    08 trd and 2009 reg cab
    08 trd, daystar leveling kit, k&n fipk, 285/75/16 pro comp x terrains, spidertrax wheel spacers, flowmaster 40 series exhuast.the 2009 is stock only 130 miles
    i but the daystar leveling kit on yesterday it runs about $160 and then 285/75/16 on factory wheel. if you dont want to spend the extra $$$ i would go that route. i got the pro comp xterrains, lift, and k&n fipk for about $1200. u wont get the articulation for off road. but look very clean. did not lose much power if any. and i think the 285s are equal to a 33

8. May 17, 2008 at 2:32 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I don't have any experience with them...but Trailmaster 6" lifts have been around for a long time on the 1st gen tacomas.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=T4606/706.0

I just noticed it's a combined body/suspension. I didn't think it had a body lift for the prev. gens.

9. Oct 26, 2008 at 4:24 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    tuff country is garbage.i've heard bad things about their lifts and customer service is crap too. try to google reviews on there lifts. this is going back a few years,maybe they have changed. they dont give you everything you need in the lift that is why its so cheap.then you have to buy that missing crap and your up to the price on a fabtech or pro comp.

10. Oct 26, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    I had a 5.5" TC lift on my Durango a few years ago -- it was a good lift... I liked it a lot.

11. Oct 27, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    allrsdup

allrsdup Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sahuarita AZ.
    Vehicle:
    2018 dcsb trd offroad 4x4 Inferno
    corect 33's u will not have to trim the fenders either for good articulation.

here is something to consider as well. with the design of fabtech's 6" kit. when u ever need to change your ball joints (lower) u need to remover the entire knuckle and half shaft is one piece disassemble it to get the ball joint out. that is were they really dropped the ball on the design procomps u dont have to u just remove 2 bolts and pop out the ball joint. they kept it the way it was designed by toyota.

12. Oct 27, 2008 at 8:21 AM
    mr.trd

mr.trd Are you Recreationally Insane?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    My buddy has a 5.5" Tuff Country on his '95 taco and he snapped the lift spindle in half....Just something for you to think about...

13. Oct 27, 2008 at 8:48 AM
    20taco07

20taco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2007 toyota tacoma sr5 trd sport 4x4
    i was gonna go the 6 inch route but after months of research and study i came out with the 3":D:D cant be happier though. i would love to go 6" sas style but i cant do that kind of damage to a dd and my small wallet.

Products Discussed in

To Top