Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Wheeler aal help

Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler aal help

I got some wheeler aal 1.5. It state to remove the overload but I would like to know if this is necessary or can I keep the overload on?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anyone?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
anyone?
I don't think its necessary, I didn't remove any leafs when I added my AAL
Old 05-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just added a Toyotec AAL. I placed my AAL between the overload and the leaf pack. IMHO I wouldn't remove the overload.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Of course you can leave the overload spring on BUT the centering pin that Wheelers provides is not long enough to go through both the AAL and the overload (or so I recently read); you'll need to buy your own centering pins that are the correct length.

Plus your overload spring will add height to your overall lift, if that matters...
Old 05-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #6

Thanks everyone I guess I will put the overload back on once i order new center pin and new u bolts.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks everyone I guess I will put the overload back on once i order new center pin and new u bolts.
Did you get the single aal kit, or the 3 leaf aal kit?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Did you get the single aal kit, or the 3 leaf aal kit?

I got the 3 leaf aal.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got the 3 leaf aal.
That one is meant to replace the overload leaf. Is designed for smooth ride and off-road performance.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That one is meant to replace the overload leaf. Is designed for smooth ride and off-road performance.
You will probably lose the ability to load up the box right full of stuff though eh? or does it not effect payload that much by removing the overload leaf ?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #11
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitroc View Post
You will probably lose the ability to load up the box full of stuff though eh? or does it not effect payload that much by removing the overload leaf ?
You do lose payload capacity. However, alot of people are getting the 3 leaf aal and then also getting a set of Timbrens for the rear. That way they get the best of both worlds.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #12
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You do lose payload capacity. However, alot of people are getting the 3 leaf aal and then also getting a set of Timbrens for the rear. That way they get the best of both worlds.
oh ok right on, or superbumps eh lol?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #13

Quote:

What would be the pro and con if I were to install the overload.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #14
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What would be the pro and con if I were to install the overload.
Well, I think keeping the overload spring in there could damage the leaf pack with the 3leaf AAL in place.... As I see it, the smallest leaves on the AAL wont extend past the end of the overload so the springs can be forced into a negative arch, effectively damaging them.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #15
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
How much load capacity are you loosing? I am on the fence about which to get for my truck.