1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift opinions needed

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Infra, May 2, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    Infra

Infra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    I have a 2010 tacoma 4x4 dbl cab trd off road that I want to lift. I want to run 33" tires and am confused on which 3" lift to go with or perhaps a LT kit? I run the truck on the road and do some decent off roading but nothing too crazy. I would like to keep the lift under $3k if at all possible. I am pretty sure I will be running Ballistic jester 814's in a 17x9. What kind of lift would you suggest?

2. May 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    a LT kit is gonna break the bank, so thats out of the question for your price range, but you could get a nice mid travel setup with a budget of under 3k. they are so many possibilities...

either the full OME kit, which is around 1k, toytec ultimate lift kit, 1.3k or a plethora of other combinations. use the search tool and look at build threads to get some ideas.

3. May 2, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Adjustable coilovers (King, Fox, ICON, SAW, Camburg, etc.)
    UCA's (TC, Camburg, Light racing)
    Rear shocks (5100's, Icon, Fox, ome, etc.)
    AAL or Leaf pack (Deaver, Alcan, TSB, etc.)

4. May 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    TacoTycoon

TacoTycoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4WD Indigo Ink
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    for your purpose I would suggest go with the toytec ultimate lift, that's what I run and it is perfect for mild off roading and the on road performance is good.

5. May 2, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dear god use the search button...Thats why it's there...If I see one more "what kind of lift thread" I might punch myself in the baby maker :laugh:

But on a serious note, I would recommend Toytec or Old Man Emu...Great products at reasonable prices :)

Welcome to Tacoma World :wave:

6. May 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    shockme

shockme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    I have searched so please don't jump my sh*t about this question. I am installing fox coil overs (front) on my 2010 4x4 sport to get 3 inches of lift, now, if I install an aal to the rear will that take care of the TSB issue or will I have to eventually have the stealership address the tsb... (sorry for jumpin the thread)

Products Discussed in

To Top