Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spacer on top of another spacer?

Old 05-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #21
Lifted Tacoma
caleb337 is on a distinguished road
caleb337's Tacoma Gallery
OK, 3 in. spacer with a 3/4 in. top plate spacer?

It says i need a longer brake line, theres no price, and you can't buy it online i just don't want to have to go thru all the trouble, if i can't put a 2 in. spacer on top of my 2.5 in. spacer, then can i replace mine with a 3 inch spacer and add a 3/4 in. top plate spacer to it?
Old 05-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #22
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb337 View Post
It says i need a longer brake line, theres no price, and you can't buy it online i just don't want to have to go thru all the trouble, if i can't put a 2 in. spacer on top of my 2.5 in. spacer, then can i replace mine with a 3 inch spacer and add a 3/4 in. top plate spacer to it?
Can't hurt to call the number on the site and ask for a price. Might also want to give Total Chaos a call and see when their offering will be available:
http://chaosfab.com/product/accessor...oma/86350.html

I'll reiterate what I said before: Do not stack lifts.

You should realize that longer brake lines are recommended with that much lift regardless of whether it's from a spindle or some other solution. Brake lines are *easy* compared to installing spacers, coils, spindles, etc. Bleeding the system is the most complicated part, and that's cake as long as you have someone in the cab to step on the brake pedal for you.

Seriously man, don't cut too many corners.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #23
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
u dont need all this shit done to run 33's. if u wanna go higher than 2.5-3" just for shits and giggles, then the only wan to get it will be to add either a body lift to a 3" lift...or a 6" suspension lift itself. there's no stacking of spacers, there's no putting spacers on top of 5100's set to 2.5" of lift themselves....
Old 05-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #24
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Guys, if he's so set on stacking spacers then let him do it. We've all given him advice, but he seems to be dead set on doing what he wants. Don't say we didn't warn you, bro.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #25
Lifted Tacoma
I defintly appreciate the advice, and i'm defintly not set on getting 3 in. spacers and stacking them. I don't know much about lifts i'm just trying to get as much information as possible, i'll look into some body lifts but i'm not doing just what i want to do, i'm just hearing new information and trying to get the most out of this thread.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #26
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I defintly appreciate the advice, and i'm defintly not set on getting 3 in. spacers and stacking them. I don't know much about lifts i'm just trying to get as much information as possible, i'll look into some body lifts but i'm not doing just what i want to do, i'm just hearing new information and trying to get the most out of this thread.
u'll be able to run 33's w/ ur 2.5" that u have now. u'll just have to remove the mudflaps and possibly trim a lil extra plastic in the front fenders....cost=$0
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #27
Lifted Tacoma
Adding a 3 in. body lift

Sorry about the misunderstanding, but back to the 3 inch body lift, say i currently have a 3 inch toytec lift with 33 in. tires and then i added a 3 in. body lift to it, would there be any problems or adjustments that i would have to make?

Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #28
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen the extended spindles for arround $800.00. If you dont want a 6" lift, thats the next best thing. Listen to what everyone is saying, Dont stack spacers.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #29
Lifted Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
u'll be able to run 33's w/ ur 2.5" that u have now. u'll just have to remove the mudflaps and possibly trim a lil extra plastic in the front fenders....cost=$0
The problem I have with keeping my 2.5 in. lift is that my front is 1.5 inches lower than my back which looks bad, that's why i wanted the 3 inch spacers in the front, and I am considering the 6 inch lift because I just love the way huge lifts look on trucks.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #30
Sooooooper Moderator

mine is almost 1.5-2" higher in the back than the front. i personally like the way it looks b/c it actually looks like a truck that gets used, instead of a mall crawler. but anywho...u can get the 3" spacers or coils, 4" spindles, or the full 6". u can do the body lift too, but w/ those i think u'll need to extend fuel tank lines, brake lines, steering shafts, etc w/ that...not 100%...but it wont fix ur 1.5" difference front to rear though
Old 05-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #31
Lifted Tacoma
TSB, Toytec Shims, Black Daystar Shock Boots?

2.5" Front Spacers & 2" Blocks + TSB and Toytec Shims, Black Daystar Shock Boots

What's tsb,toytec shims, and shock boots?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #32
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
2.5" Front Spacers & 2" Blocks + TSB and Toytec Shims, Black Daystar Shock Boots

"TSB" is the new "acronym" for the rear TSB springs on the new Tacomas. "Toytec shims" are to re align the drive shaft to the pinion. And "shock boots" are probably what he replaced the factory ones with.
Oh, and the 2" blocks are used for lift in the rear.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #33
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
"TSB" is the new "acronym" for the rear TSB springs on the new Tacomas. "Toytec shims" are to re align the drive shaft to the pinion. And "shock boots" are probably what he replaced the factory ones with.
Oh, and the 2" blocks are used for lift in the rear.
ding ding....chris gets...ummm....his pic on the top right of the page...lol
Old 05-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
ding ding....chris gets...ummm....his pic on the top right of the page...lol

Im cryin......LOL
Old 05-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #35
Lifted Tacoma
my bad for askin, u guys r givin me a hard time as it is
Old 05-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #36

Quote:
Dont get the wrong idea. I was giving you the answer. Not messin with ya. We are all hear to help out and have fun.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #37
Sooooooper Moderator

i was just joking w/ chris for answering for me....
Old 05-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #38
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

TSB= Technical Service Bulletin, referring to the corrections to the rear suspension on some late model Tacomas

Shims=chris covered those already

Shock Boots=the little rubber accordian looking things that cover the shaft on a shock. You can order them in different colors.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:47 AM   #39
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We give EVERYBODY a hard time.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:24 PM   #40
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
www.amsuspensions.com just released there spindles within the past few months.. I think they were around 600.00.