Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME install starts tomorrow

Old 05-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
OME install starts tomorrow

Just recieved my OME stuff.
885's 9000 fr. and 182 rears.
AAL from TRDmedic Thank you sir!

Had the 5100s and Eibach 1.6's and a 2" AAL on my 2 WD.
So I thought I would try the OME stuff on the new 4X4.
Yes I will take some pics!!!!!

Should be fun
Old 05-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
Banned
283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: boss
Location: somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend BUTTHURTgirl
283's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Well I only got the rear finished today

I did put my TRD exhaust on, and flipped my spare while I had it up in the air.

Tomorrow I will get the front done and include some picks of my home built spring compressor.

Sorry about the delay, I will got to the box and feel shame for 2 min.
Very impressed with the massive size of the OME shocks!!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Allrighty.
Finished up the front and removed those pesky mudflaps.
Thanks to everyone that did the How To's!!!!!
Chris 4X4 I will be looking to see your alignment shop next week. Shuman's I believe it was?
Attached Thumbnails
OME install starts tomorrow-2010-ome-suspension-install-020.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-ome-suspension-install-019.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-ome-suspension-install-018.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-ome-suspension-install-015.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-ome-suspension-install-011.jpg  

OME install starts tomorrow-2010-ome-suspension-install-009.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-ome-suspension-install-008.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-ome-suspension-install-007.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-ome-suspension-install-005.jpg  
Old 05-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot to show the sliders I swapped off my 09 2WD and put on the 10.
Attached Thumbnails
OME install starts tomorrow-09-tacoma-sliders-007.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-09-tacoma-sliders-005.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-09-tacoma-sliders-003.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-sliders-install-011.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-sliders-install-004.jpg  

OME install starts tomorrow-2010-sliders-install-003.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-sliders-install-007.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-sliders-install-018.jpg   OME install starts tomorrow-2010-sliders-install-019.jpg  
Old 05-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

How much did that whole set up cost?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
OME stuff was about 600 and the AAL about 75 if I recal correctly.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
OME stuff was about 600 and the AAL about 75 if I recal correctly.
Thanks
Old 05-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #12
WRECKLESS for Life...
Wreckless_71 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Reserve County Sheriff
Name: Justin
Wreckless_71's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet set-up man... how do you like those sliders? I think I'm gonna build some but I was just wondering how sturdy the bolt on application is? I was thinking about welding mine to the frame...
Old 05-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted bolt on because I had a 2 wd and got the hankerin for a 4 wd.
Sold the 2wd to my kid and now I can swap them out to the 4 wd.

I like the idea of being able to take them on and off.
Welding is most likely a better way to mount but I would want a lot of confidence in my welder. Not a place I would want to find out he is still learning on my frame.

These are well made and for my use I am sure they will be fine.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #14
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Had the alignment done yesterday and while I kind of knew the caster would be a stretch without the UCA's it seems to track well and drives nice.

Left......... Right
0.4 Camber 0.4
0.8 Caster 1.2
0.08 toe 0.01

All wityhin spec but I may put in the UCA's if it is a little too darty or twitchy on the hiway.