Notices

What the heck is a TSB?

Old 05-15-2010, 02:12 AM   #1
Assistant to the Regional Manager
JManders is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
JManders's Tacoma Gallery
What the heck is a TSB?

Could be a dumb question, but what is the TSB stuff about for the leaf springs? Do you just take it in and they inspect your leaf springs?

Kinda confused about this whole process and was wondering if I need to get anything done since the back on my truck looks like it's starting to sag a little bit
Old 05-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
well if you are talking about the 2000 from your info, then you are way outta warranty for anything...but the rear suspension TSB everyone talks about is 05+. rear sag u'll need an AAL or a new pack
Old 05-15-2010, 02:17 AM   #4
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JManders View Post
Could be a dumb question, but what is the TSB stuff about for the leaf springs? Do you just take it in and they inspect your leaf springs?

Kinda confused about this whole process and was wondering if I need to get anything done since the back on my truck looks like it's starting to sag a little bit
No question is a dumb question. Some came with only a 3 leaf pack and would bottom out when fully loaded. So if you take it in and bring up the TSB, or print it out and bring it in, then they should replace it with a 4 leaf pack. They do a little besides just swapping out the leaf packs but the TSB is floating around here. Just search for it.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:17 AM   #5

Ok that makes sense. I just had no idea what it meant. Probably just time for some new leafs
Old 05-15-2010, 02:25 AM   #7

Just looking for any upgrades that I could get for free... guess that's what college does to you. I don't even think they have a TSB for the leaf springs on the 1st gens ever
Old 05-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Just went out a poked my head under the truck.

Firstly, I only have 3 leafs. One of them doesn't seem to be doing anything, as if it was fucked up when they installed the lift kit. More importantly, all of them seem like they're damn near flat. Does this look right, and am I eligible?

Old 05-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #9
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
^ that bottom thick one is the overload leaf, not supposed to do anything until your bed is heavily loaded. your springs look just fine, you dont need the TSB...
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
^ that bottom thick one is the overload leaf, not supposed to do anything until your bed is heavily loaded. your springs look just fine, you dont need the TSB...
Lol, shows I know a whole lot about leaf springs.

Alright thanks, just thought I'd ask.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
taco_jons is on a distinguished road
taco_jons's Tacoma Gallery
TSB = tree scratched black, which is what your paint is right?
Old 05-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_jons View Post
TSB = tree scratched black, which is what your paint is right?
You bumped a week-old thread to post THAT?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:32 PM   #13
taco_jons is on a distinguished road
taco_jons's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You bumped a week-old thread to post THAT?
you quoted me to post THAT?