Shock and Wheel question on stock 2X4

Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
Shock and Wheel question on stock 2X4

Ok i have 2 question..

1. what are good shock for stock truck.
I drive hard, fast and on twistey roads.

looking for Good cost and high cost...

2. what is the widest wheel and tire combo that can be added to a stock truck. with out rubbing.. i know most of you get lifted and add off road tires. Well that is not my thing.. i do love the Pre-runner look, but I am more a lower truck guy as i drive to fast to go up... i should go down...

any help would be great.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
As for shocks....I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.

I had a set of OME shocks on my previous tacoma - and they wore well and rode nice. However - they're more expensive.

Another recommendation - although never had them on a stock truck....is Doetsch Tech Shocks paticularly the Prerunner variety.
These are about $40 (give or take) each.
http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/

I personally hate Rancho, they don't last very long and I've had a couple of them leak.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Sell your Taco and buy an X Runner. If you want to go fast and be low, thats what you need.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
I agree...

but not happening now.. my Truck is paid for and I have no extra money for a payment any more....

But you are right...