Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what 3" lift / leveling kit do you recommend?

Old 05-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
sammydavis is on a distinguished road
sammydavis's Tacoma Gallery
what 3" lift / leveling kit do you recommend?

looking to buy lift/leveling kit for my truck wondering which is best bang ofr buck?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

I would not recommend a typical "leveling kit", which involves spacers and blocks. These can mess up the geometry of your ball joints, lead to a rough ride, etc.

The most popular, inexpensive, good quality lifts for Tacomas are:
1. Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks. These can be set for 0.85, 1.75, or 2.5" of lift
2. OME (old man emu) springs and shocks. These, with the use of a small top plate spacer, will give you around 3" of lift.

For the back, you should go with an AAL (add a leaf).

Do a little searching ad here and you will find more info than you need on both of these lifts.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Check out toyteclifts.com
Old 05-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
well thanks alot guys. The Bilstiens seem to be the way to go i think i will be going with the bilstiens front and back and also do the add a leaf in the rear. this will hopefully fit 285/75/16.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydavis View Post
well thanks alot guys. The Bilstiens seem to be the way to go i think i will be going with the bilstiens front and back and also do the add a leaf in the rear. this will hopefully fit 285/75/16.
Be prepared to trim.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Be prepared to trim.
And be prepared to add wheel spacers if you are running stock rims.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
well i think i will be ok up front with the 33" i am running an ARB bumper. and i am purchasing a set of american racing wheels so i hope i will not be dealing with spacers