Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suggestions?

Old 05-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Aztacotrd is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
Aztacotrd's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions?

Hey I have been wanting to put bigger tires on my 08 Tacoma TRD and I was wondering whether for the money just spacers or a whole new suspension would be a better deal? Most of my driving is on the highway and the most off roadind I'd be doing is driving on old fire roads.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
A better deal? hmmm it all depend on what constituents a better deal in your opinion. Do you want a lift? If so then go with a lift. If you just want bigger tires then just go with spacers.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztacotrd View Post
Hey I have been wanting to put bigger tires on my 08 Tacoma TRD and I was wondering whether for the money just spacers or a whole new suspension would be a better deal? Most of my driving is on the highway and the most off roadind I'd be doing is driving on old fire roads.
You have a new truck. Might as well have it ride like one. Spend the money on a quality lift and then you will have the clearance for bigger tires as well.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
You have a new truck. Might as well have it ride like one. Spend the money on a quality lift and then you will have the clearance for bigger tires as well.
word. dont cheap out

do it right the first time, that way you only have to do it once.

a complete OME set up from wheelers offroad will suit your need quite well

should cost you less then $700 and that is very very reasonable for a new suspension set up
Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #6
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
word. dont cheap out

do it right the first time, that way you only have to do it once.

a complete OME set up from wheelers offroad will suit your need quite well

should cost you less then $700 and that is very very reasonable for a new suspension set up
X2

Don't cheap out, you will regret it if you do.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
I thought he was talking about wheel spacers.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
If you just want bigger tires then spacers would be a better "deal". You can run a 32" tire withouth any lift or spacers; you'll need a lift and spacers to run 33" tires (or new UCAs or aftermarket wheels).