Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Sits High w/ Bilstein 5100 with 2" AAL Rear

Old 05-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
mrtomphan is on a distinguished road
mrtomphan's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Sits High w/ Bilstein 5100 with 2" AAL Rear

I have a 2009 Tacoma which I added the Bilstein 5100s and set the front the the max of 2.5" then a "2 Toytec AAL on the rear. Is it normal for the rear to sit higher 2" then the front? I did research and was told that the setup I bought was correct to make the truck leveled but now my rear sits higher then the rear by 2". Maybe I didn't need the 2" AAL for the rear.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Usually just a 1.5" AAL. Does your truck also have the rear TSB?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
The 2" AAl I used on my other one did sit it up more than I wanted.

I went with a 1 1/2" this time and it is much better for me.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
No I don't have rear TSB that's why I got the 2". I only have 3 left springs and this AAL makes it 4 total
Old 05-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Did you measure the truck before in order to see how much factory rake you had before you bought the parts? Obviously you had more 1/2" rake from the factory.

My truck was almost perfectly level with 1.75" in front and stock rear, so mine was about 1.75" higher in the back than the front when stock.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
i actually didn't measure. I just did readings in the forum and people were saying to get rear 2" aal if getting bilstein 5100s. I guess I should have. So is it normal if the rear sits 2" higher then the front?
Old 05-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just did my rear 2inch AAL from Toyotec, I think I got almost 4-5 inched of lift total. I'm planning on doing 5100's in the front set at 1.75, so I'm expecting the foward rake.

This was before.

This is after.