1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dream Lift Kit Question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by matt8981, May 24, 2010.

1. May 24, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    matt8981

matt8981 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Lakeland FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    This is my first post. Sorry if it's been done before!!!!!

Alright I don't know much about Tacomas. I just bought a 2010 Double Cab TRD Sport 2WD Short bed and don't know much about the suspension. I was a Jeep guy for a long time and can do anything to them. My question is if you could put any lift on your Taco what would it be? I am looking for advice for mine and want to lift it but I have no idea which ones are good. I am going to have a mechanic friend of mine help me put it on but even he doesn't know. I am not looking for a "BUDGET" lift here. I have a newborn and want it to ride as SMOOTH as possible for her. I am thinking about 3" lift or so just to get some beefier tires and rims on there and stand out a little. And if anyone knows anything about the "Leveling Kits" also please let me know.

Oh yeah and could you tell me a good place to purchase them also?

2. May 24, 2010 at 8:31 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    Welcome to TW. Search the "suspension" section there are tons of ideas for lifts, and also there is 3 or 4 stickies that would be very helpful.

Everyone's ideal lift kit is going to be a little different, depending on their use. A good OME lift kit would get you your 3" and a smooth ride. Leveling kits aka "spacers" get a bad rap for making the ride rougher than stock. SO I would go the shock/spring route for a comfy ride.

3. May 24, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Save your money and put it in a college fund for your newborn.

4. May 24, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    your options will depend highly on how much you want to spend. if you don't mind us asking, what kind of budget are you looking at for a lift? it will help us better recomend options for you.

and as hendooman said, the suspension section is packed full of good information.

congrats on the baby btw! :)

5. May 25, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    matt8981

matt8981 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Lakeland FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    I didn't want to spend any more than $1500 if possible.

I already have a fund set up for her Jaso. I am going to put the rest of my play money into it after I do the lift.

6. May 25, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    long travel front and rear there are a few options allpro being one engage another camburg i think theres another but can't think of it.

Products Discussed in

To Top