Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Dream Lift Kit Question

Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
matt8981 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
matt8981's Tacoma Gallery
Wink Dream Lift Kit Question

This is my first post. Sorry if it's been done before!!!!!

Alright I don't know much about Tacomas. I just bought a 2010 Double Cab TRD Sport 2WD Short bed and don't know much about the suspension. I was a Jeep guy for a long time and can do anything to them. My question is if you could put any lift on your Taco what would it be? I am looking for advice for mine and want to lift it but I have no idea which ones are good. I am going to have a mechanic friend of mine help me put it on but even he doesn't know. I am not looking for a "BUDGET" lift here. I have a newborn and want it to ride as SMOOTH as possible for her. I am thinking about 3" lift or so just to get some beefier tires and rims on there and stand out a little. And if anyone knows anything about the "Leveling Kits" also please let me know.

Oh yeah and could you tell me a good place to purchase them also?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Search the "suspension" section there are tons of ideas for lifts, and also there is 3 or 4 stickies that would be very helpful.

Everyone's ideal lift kit is going to be a little different, depending on their use. A good OME lift kit would get you your 3" and a smooth ride. Leveling kits aka "spacers" get a bad rap for making the ride rougher than stock. SO I would go the shock/spring route for a comfy ride.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
your options will depend highly on how much you want to spend. if you don't mind us asking, what kind of budget are you looking at for a lift? it will help us better recomend options for you.

and as hendooman said, the suspension section is packed full of good information.

congrats on the baby btw!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
matt8981 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
matt8981's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't want to spend any more than $1500 if possible.

I already have a fund set up for her Jaso. I am going to put the rest of my play money into it after I do the lift.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
long travel front and rear there are a few options allpro being one engage another camburg i think theres another but can't think of it.