Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon coil over lift, how much?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Zombie Killer
High-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant futureHigh-Gear has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
High-Gear's Tacoma Gallery
Icon coil over lift, how much?

I had a Hell Bent steel spacer in there which was about 1.750" that was suppose to give 2.5" of lift. They said due to the angles of the control arms, that over that distance the smaller amount of spacing gave a greater lift.

I replaced this with a set of DR / Icon 2.5's and now have about 2.25" of thread showing. Does anyone know about how much lift this would equate to?

It sits about level with my TSB's and TSB AAL in the back. I'm guessing the TSB and 1.5" TSB AAL were suppose to bring it up to where a 3" lift in the front would make it level?

The reason I'm asking is because I've read that the Icon's are capable of 3.5" of lift, but they don't recommend going over 3". It sits pretty level as it is, but I was considering a rear shackle flip which will raise the back end 1/2" and I don't know if I will be able to squeeze another 1/2" out of the Icon's. There is plenty of thread to do it, but I don't want to run into alignment issues.