Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeaky Leafspring after TSB

Old 05-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Squeaky Leafspring after TSB

Hey everyone, For some reason my rear leaf spring is squeaky as hell after I got the TSB done. It's annoying as hell and I can even feel it in the pedels when I drive sometimes. I'm gonna give the dealer a call tomorrow and see what they say about it.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post
Hey everyone, For some reason my rear leaf spring is squeaky as hell after I got the TSB done. It's annoying as hell and I can even feel it in the pedels when I drive sometimes. I'm gonna give the dealer a call tomorrow and see what they say about it.
Do that! They should have properly lubed everything before installing. Let them know you are dissatisfied with their work.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
It drives me nuts, it sounds like there is a Turkey stuck under the bed of my truck that I can't get out. My fiance even made the comment that it makes her feel fat getting out of the truck when it squeaks. And she is far from being a hefty woman.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Take It Back. Period.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
Displaced Texan

Figured out what it was. The dealership had put the mounting bolt in the wrong way. The way they had it in it was grinding away at the bracket thus making the squeaky noise. The dealership just took the bolt out and turned it around. It left a really good grind mark on the bracket. I'll take a pic whenever I get the chance.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Figured out what it was. The dealership had put the mounting bolt in the wrong way. The way they had it in it was grinding away at the bracket thus making the squeaky noise. The dealership just took the bolt out and turned it around. It left a really good grind mark on the bracket. I'll take a pic whenever I get the chance.
glad you got it squared away man. some people that work at dealerships are far from being "mechanics" or "techs" even, for that matter, as far as im concerned.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I see it. What a bunch of incompetants at that dealership! What did they say when you pointed that out?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hey moto.........you may wanna get a little primer/paint on that scar so it doesnt start to rust.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
Displaced Texan

Here's the story, I took it in and said "hey, listen to this. It shouldn't sound like that." Mitch, one of the service managers said they will take the springs off and lube them. At the time I still couldn't figure out what was causing the noise. I just wasn't looking at it at the right angle. Mitch calls me a couple hours later and says my truck is ready. I get to the parking lot and push down on the bumper and it still freakin squeaked. So I went and talked to Mitch about it again. And he was like "what the hell, I watched the guys lube those springs. Him and I went under it to figure it out and thats when we spotted what was causing it. I don't blame Mitch for not knowing what was causing it. He's in a manager's position and he puts about a 100 cars through their service center a day. I blame the people that were actually working on my truck and gave the go ahead saying my truck was ready without even checking to see if it still squeaked anymore. Bottom line the people cranking the wrenches back there need to know what they are doing and what the problem is. So much money and time is wasted on nonsense like that.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #11
Displaced Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hey moto.........you may wanna get a little primer/paint on that scar so it doesnt start to rust.
Yeah I thought about that. I'll pick some up this weekend. Have any suggestions on what to put on it? It needs to be some heavy duty stuff to put up with the crap that gets kicked up there.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boy the level of competence at least with that tech is NOT on par with what is required of your truck man! If I were you-I'd get the # of the tech who did this blunder (on your invoice) and AVOID him on future repairs.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Yeah I thought about that. I'll pick some up this weekend. Have any suggestions on what to put on it? It needs to be some heavy duty stuff to put up with the crap that gets kicked up there.
i think i'd get some rustoleum primer, then go over it with 3 or 4 coats of some rustoleum flat black, then spray some undercoating on it. you should be good with just the paint......the undercoating is just a little extra protection for the spot.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Boy the level of competence at least with that tech is NOT on par with what is required of your truck man! If I were you-I'd get the # of the tech who did this blunder (on your invoice) and AVOID him on future repairs.
Thats a great idea! I dare to go one step further and tell managment about the guy. Average shop rates for Toyota are $130.00 an hour! For what? Crap work? We shouldnt be sheep and stand for it.

P.S. regardless if the damage is in a spot that may get scratched in the future.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i think i'd get some rustoleum primer, then go over it with 3 or 4 coats of some rustoleum flat black, then spray some undercoating on it. you should be good with just the paint......the undercoating is just a little extra protection for the spot.
.................shoot MAKE THEM DO IT !!!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #16

Quote:
.................shoot MAKE THEM DO IT !!!!!
well........i would agree with ya, but they already screwed this up........just wondering if they would do a crap job on that too. plus, its a relatively cheap fix.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #18

I see your way 06-I just get so mad when I hear these people getting crapped on like they aint nothin after spendin a small fortune on a truck.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #19

Quote:
I see your way 06-I just get so mad when I hear these people getting crapped on like they aint nothin after spendin a small fortune on a truck.
yeah i know man......that kind of incompetence burns my ass up too!!! its one of the main reasons why i do all my own maintenance on just about everything i have......i just dont trust certain places,such as dealerships, to do the job right.........and this helps cement my feelings about it.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #20
Displaced Texan

Yeah, they should take into account that customer service is one of the main reasons why people come back for any type of product (restaurants, retail stores, etc...) If they want people to keep buying their vehicles they need to make it known to their employees the importance of customer service and quality of work.