Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help settling a bet

Old 05-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
kingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Need help settling a bet

A buddy of mine just had a procomp add-a-leaf and procomp shocks installed and it rides kind of stiff now. I told him he should get a new leaf pack. He said he's going to get a better set of shocks. Will better shocks help?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
yes
Old 05-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
kingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Damn...I'm gonna wait for a few more people to replay before I pay up. A case of beer is not cheap.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtaco View Post
Damn...I'm gonna wait for a few more people to replay before I pay up. A case of beer is not cheap.
Just buy him a case of Pbr because you fail haha!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
buy him a case of non alcoholic beer
Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
Damn.....last time I ask you guys for help. He just text me to see what you guys said. Not only am I bringing the meat this weekend, I guess I'm bringing the beer too.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtaco View Post
Damn.....last time I ask you guys for help. He just text me to see what you guys said. Not only am I bringing the meat this weekend, I guess I'm bringing the beer too.
haha you will get him back soon enought!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
The AAL does make it stiffer. It will still be stiffer with the stock shocks, Procomp, or other shocks.

But yes, better shocks will help manage that extra stiffness. From my limited experience with ProComp shocks, they're nothing special, just a basic heavy shock, no fancy valving; probably inferior to the stock shocks he just took off (too short now tho).

It's never going to be as soft as before unless he loses the AAL but new shocks will = better ride.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #11
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
If the springs are really stiff and it only has about an inch of travel shocks will not help much.
But I think the Procomp stuff I have seen seems like it is pretty well thought out.

On the other hand if you want to win just air up his tires to about 60 psi and go for a ride after he swaps out the shocks

Don't tell him till after the beer is gone.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
If the springs are really stiff and it only has about an inch of travel shocks will not help much.
But I think the Procomp stuff I have seen seems like it is pretty well thought out.

On the other hand if you want to win just air up his tires to about 60 psi and go for a ride after he swaps out the shocks

Don't tell him till after the beer is gone.
LOL. That sounds like a plan.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
haha you will get him back soon enought!
I'm already thinking of some thing
Old 05-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #14
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
buy him a case of non alcoholic beer
x2