Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

beams anyone?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
dezert taco is on a distinguished road

dezert taco's Tacoma Gallery
beams anyone?

anyone on here have a beamed yota or know anyone? im looking at changin my truck from the j arm long travel kit i got now to beams... just trying to see if it was worth it or not. and no im not worried about the slop of beams as apposed to a arms
Old 05-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
to the best of my knowledge, nobody here has a beamed tacoma.

you'll have to browse dezert rangers to find a truck like that
Old 05-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Giant Motorsports has done the conversion on at least 1 Tacoma.

http://giantmotorsports.com/content/view/25/37/

Give Geoff a call and I'm sure he'll steer you in the right direction.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Giant Motorsports has done the conversion on at least 1 Tacoma.

http://giantmotorsports.com/content/view/25/37/

Give Geoff a call and I'm sure he'll steer you in the right direction.
Oh, man thats crazy lookin! you could get insane droop out of that! are there not springs, shocks? im kinda confused on how that part would work

EDIT: I saw two bars welded in place where it looks like some type of coilover would go?

http://giantmotorsports.com/componen...g2_itemId=6816
Old 05-27-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Those bars look like they're temporary to determine ride height and move the truck around. In the end it'll have long coil-overs supporting the front.

A full-race vehicle from the 2008 1000 race for reference:
Old 05-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #6

yeah giant doesnt have a kit for 1st gen tacos just the like late 80's to mid 90's pickups and 2nd gen tacomas. all they could tell me is "well if your frame is the same as the early 90's pickups you can use our kit for the early 90's trucks"
Old 05-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i know it's not a tacoma but it's got beams.

this is one cool ranger, one of my favs

http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/...2wd/index.html
Old 05-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #8

this is a ranger my buddy built before he put coil overs on it. that was just with f150 coils.......but can anyone find pics of beamed tacomas? or can someone tell me if the frame on a 1st gen tacoma is the same as like a 94 toyota pickup
Attached Thumbnails
beams anyone?-my-taco-2.jpg  
Old 05-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #9

best i could find

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/album.php?albumid=599

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/album.php?albumid=452
Old 05-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #10

k thanx man
Old 05-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezert taco View Post
k thanx man
you checked out the links right? some good pics there

i bet if you browse the dez ranger site you could find a build thread of that truck

as for your frame question, i have no idea. i doubt they are the same but you never know...
Old 05-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #12

yeah i would browse DR but that site is full of assholes.....giant has the build on that truck on their website.....but yeah thanks for your help