LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

good lift for street queen

Old 05-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
bevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nice
bevans's Tacoma Gallery
good lift for street queen

I have an 07 prerunner that I would like to lift. I drive about 30k mi./yr for work mostly hwy. I have an atv for trails so I will NOT be off roading the truck. I just like the look of lifted trucks but would like to maintain a decent ride.

I'm new to lifting trucks and cant decide which lift to go with. I was thinking 5100's @ 1.75 and toytec 2" AAL originally but, now I'm thinking maybe the pro comp 3 in. lift w/coils not spacers or the toytec version. I do not want to have to replace UCA's and dont want or need an expensive lift since i'm not off roading. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
kbx10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
kbx10's Tacoma Gallery
Great question...I am interested too

bet there are a bunch of threads on this already so be prepared to get flak
Old 05-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
The Biilies are a good choice for your application. Toytec is also a good choice but may be "overkill". IMHO, I would avoid Pro-Comp.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstiens are your best option, like Ben said the Toytec may be overkill with the adjustable coilovers.

Pro Comp really doesn't have the "zone" yet for our trucks for the 3" lift. Fabtech/Pro Comp 6" lift they have down pat for our trucks.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
bevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nicebevans is just really nice
bevans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbx10 View Post
Great question...I am interested too

bet there are a bunch of threads on this already so be prepared to get flak
Yea.. I have been searching for a couple months and it seems that whats good for off roading is over kill for street only use and most people on here off road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
The Biilies are a good choice for your application. Toytec is also a good choice but may be "overkill". IMHO, I would avoid Pro-Comp.
Thanks. I see threads where pro comp is referred to as pro crap but I wasnt sure if that was for the off roading abilities.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #6
bevans's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Lentsnh;1816392]Bilstiens are your best option, like Ben said the Toytec may be overkill with the adjustable coilovers.]

not sure if we are talking about the same toytec. this is the one I was looking at.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 05-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=bevans;1816409]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Bilstiens are your best option, like Ben said the Toytec may be overkill with the adjustable coilovers.]

not sure if we are talking about the same toytec. this is the one I was looking at.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Oh sorry, I was talking about the Ultimate kit. OME have a very nice ride, Spacers work too for just being on road. Off-road... HECK NO.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #8
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat as you. I don't ever take my truck off road, but would like a small lift for looks. I have pretty much decided to go with billies on all 4 corners, Eibach 1.6 springs with the billies set at 0, and Toytec 1.5" add a leafs in the back (I have non TSB springs).

The ride will be a little firmer than factory, but not too bad. The smaller lift will also keep me out of "i'm going to need" new UCA's territory.

I've slowly started ordering the parts and I hope to have it all installed by mid summer.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #9
bevans's Tacoma Gallery
so you dont think spacers would be too harsh? I love the price of the spacer lift but I spend alot of time on the road and would like a good ride. Also would I need new uca's with a spacer lift? Thanks.

28 guage- yea I was looking at 5100's but just want to make sure before I order anything.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
bevans's Tacoma Gallery
Does the toytec lift that I posted a link to require new shocks/struts?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have both styles of spacers if anyone decides to go that route. Got top of strut in between strut and frame and ones that go in between the coil and top of strut where you have to take strut apart to get them in. IIRC, both are 2". Can supply pics if anyone interested. Inside the coil ones are unused. Should be fine for on road action. Offroad, spacers don't allow good articulation and can break lower strut mounts besides being a little stiffer ride.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
tdels14 is on a distinguished road
tdels14's Tacoma Gallery
i am in the same boat, (mainly street driving) so i went with the revtek spacer lift with the AAL in the rear. the ride is a little stiffer, but nothing to go complain about.

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s14/truck3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s14/truck8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ls14/ruck5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
bevans's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.

what size lift, wheels and tires? Did you have to buy new uca's?
Old 05-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #15
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Just my $.02

I have a set of spacers on my Taco... and an AAL in the rear. Doesn't change the stock ride by much... IMO, I could barely notice unless I'm off-road - which still works fine off-road.

I understand that spacers do put a little extra pressure on the UCAs, but I've never had a prob in over 40k miles.

So, I mean if you want to save money, have the look, with about the same ride and capabilities... Go for it. I think I paid a total of 300 for a 3" spacer lift from www.suspensionconnection.com - had a buddy install for 200.

The only reason I'd get the coilovers is if I wanted to add an aftermarket front bumper with added weight or something like that...

I dunno - all depends on your needs.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #16
dubstar2003 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
dubstar2003's Tacoma Gallery
huyissuperman, when you say you can adjust it to a 4" lift, what kit/shocks/aal are you using? Is it the toytec/bilsteins/aal? I also have a prerunner with the tss 20's but I maybe move to a 22" wheel without having to sacrifice too much rubber for the bigger wheel.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #17
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevans View Post
so you dont think spacers would be too harsh? I love the price of the spacer lift but I spend alot of time on the road and would like a good ride. Also would I need new uca's with a spacer lift? Thanks.

28 guage- yea I was looking at 5100's but just want to make sure before I order anything.
Spacers are more of a crap ride off road. They should be fine for a street queen, a little stiffer probably but not horrible... I hear they are horrible on washboard dirt roads mainly.

And yeah, get the 'top of the strut' kind, no need to loose shock travel.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #18
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
Spacers are more of a crap ride off road. They should be fine for a street queen, a little stiffer probably but not horrible... I hear they are horrible on washboard dirt roads mainly.

And yeah, get the 'top of the strut' kind, no need to loose shock travel.

It's a truck. I expect it to be a little rough anyway. If I wanted a smooth ride off-road, I would have gotten a Range Rover or a Caddy.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #19
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent475 View Post
It's a truck. I expect it to be a little rough anyway. If I wanted a smooth ride off-road, I would have gotten a Range Rover or a Caddy.
You wheel a Caddy off-road? Awesome.