LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help from the pros!

Old 05-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Need help from the pros!

Well I'm looking at Pro comp 3" lift. It says it includes front ex 3000 shocks and rear ex 9000 shocks. What I was wondering is if I could upgrade to their MX6 shocks, how much better would it ride? Or would I better off getting all 4 ex 9000
Old 05-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
That lift is a spacer lift....Your better off going with a CO, or Old Man Emu set up.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=250189432
not the spacer this one
Old 05-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ah...Well...I havent tried that lift, but in my experiance, the Pro comp shocks arent that good of a shock.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #5

Alright that means alot coming from you. Thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
Alright that means alot coming from you. Thanks
If you plan on keeping the truck for a while, save a little extra dough, and get the OME, Bistien/Eibach, or the like. Also, consider new UCA's to keep the alignment in check. Alot of folks are happy with the 5100's and Eibach springs. The springs are a 1.6" lift, and you can set the billies at .85" to get right at 3" lift (what people are seeing with this set up). And get the 5100's for the rear too, as they are LOADS better than the OEM shocks.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If you plan on keeping the truck for a while, save a little extra dough, and get the OME, Bistien/Eibach, or the like. Also, consider new UCA's to keep the alignment in check. Alot of folks are happy with the 5100's and Eibach springs. The springs are a 1.6" lift, and you can set the billies at .85" to get right at 3" lift (what people are seeing with this set up). And get the 5100's for the rear too, as they are LOADS better than the OEM shocks.
Alirght thanks yea benca1 was helping me and told me to do the 5100s at .85 with eibachs and the .75" top plate spacer. Then I should get around 2.5" of lift. Or would I be better off with OME 885 2" coils , 5100s at 0 and the .75" plate spacer. I am looking for around 2.5" of lift and really dont want to replace UCAs
Old 05-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
Alirght thanks yea benca1 was helping me and told me to do the 5100s at .85 with eibachs and the .75" top plate spacer. Then I should get around 2.5" of lift. Or would I be better off with OME 885 2" coils , 5100s at 0 and the .75" plate spacer. I am looking for around 2.5" of lift and really dont want to replace UCAs
The 885's will give you 2.5 to 3" lift without the top spacers. Same with the Eibachs and billies set at .85". You still may need to swap out UCA's if the truck wanders too much for your taste.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by benca1 View Post
hey chris from what i have seen the eibachs at .85 will only give like 2.25 of lift on the 4x4's for some reason i guess heavier up front.. like spiceman did that and only set them to the 0 setting and eibachs and got just right at 1.25 instead of the usual 1.60 or more lke us prerunners.... so thats why i said prob if going to get the eibachs, and set at .85 might want to get the spacer to get near 3 for the 4x4's .... you seen this on the 4x4's? i know in my thread about eibachs there was at least 2 or 3 saying they got less lift than the prerunners
Ok. 4x4's may be the exception then....I wouldnt go over 10mmm for a top plate spacer though.