Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

People with three inch lifts did you ...(extended brake lines)

View Poll Results: 3" lift Extended brake line experience
I installed extended brake lines 15 21.74%
I didn't install extended brake lines and I haven't needed them 53 76.81%
I didn't install extended brake lines but I wish I would have because I've had issues 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Question People with three inch lifts did you ...(extended brake lines)

For people with three inch lifts did u install extended brake lines?? Please do the poll.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
same as other thread, 3" leaf pack and it came w/ SS extended lines, but they are sitting in the floorboard of my truck. for S&Gs i took the bolt out of the brake line bracket and it has more than enough play now. on that note, i'm thinking about getting the shackle flip kit and the 1" XJ shackles that will put the rear about 1" further up and i will swap the SS lines in then

and definately dont need them for 3" lift in the front
Old 05-30-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I didin't extend brake lines....didn't see a need to
Old 05-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
^^^ what I have ^^^

They're needed if you're gonna wheel with the above setup...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post1821933
i do like the rear flexy flex in those pics, SS....definately need to invest in that. kevin is gonna let me know when the next shackle sets are available.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator

i'll have to go to the auto hobby shop on base and use their tools/lift
Old 05-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
Nope
Old 05-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nope!
Old 06-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
Hurray for Zoidberg!
tacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud of

Name: John Zoidberg
tacoman_KC's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't "need" them, But I figured it was a little bit of insurance to have longer lines.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #10
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got them but havent put them on yet.

do you have to bleed the breaks after your done? add more fluid?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
Ive got them but havent put them on yet.

do you have to bleed the breaks after your done? add more fluid?

x2, ive just got them in today and was wondering if anyone knew how many quarts a 2010 dcsb holds, i wouldnt imagine more then two but i was just curious
Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
When I owned my 96 tacoma...it only had 2" of lift and I installed stainless brake lines. I also wheeled the snot out of my truck back then.

Knowing the brake lines could get pulled, kinked, or ripped while offroading..... I put stainless lines on for 'peace of mind'

If you offroad at all ...DEFINATELY put stainless lines on!!