Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

im screwed (spindles)

Old 05-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
im screwed (spindles)

well went to grab brake line out of my truck i was like hey i will feel the space in between the spindle and tire on the driver side felt OH SH*T there aint no space gotta check that out tomorrow but on the passenger side tons of space so looks like im F***ED
Old 05-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
WTF for 200 bucks id pass on the install, sounds fishy to me for that cheap...

what size tires and whats ur bs? you "need" believe 4.5 bs and "no" larger than 285/75/16 or 285/70/17 tires on it
Old 05-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wait i just read it more and you said one side has space and the other doesnt....damn man your having a shit hard time. are you doing everything right?
Old 05-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Almost there

in that case if its a couple guys thats great they have little or no overhead from what it sounds like

nevermind i read again and its a shop lol sorry it sounded like a couple guys doing it
Old 05-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
Almost there

oh i was saying that i didnt read that one side HAD space and the other side DID NOT have space. wow man idk what to tell you : ( maybe post up some pics from different angles so we can see whats going on and maybe help visually
Old 05-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
oh i was saying that i didnt read that one side HAD space and the other side DID NOT have space. wow man idk what to tell you : ( maybe post up some pics from different angles so we can see whats going on and maybe help visually
x2 on the pics, that will help.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
Almost there

really wish you were able to snap some pics right now so we can discuss tonight and try to get you one your way with accomplishing and tackling this damn install

can you ask him to shoot some pics and email them to you or am i asking to much ahah
Old 05-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
Almost there

^ understandable
Old 05-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #12
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
like I said in the spindle sticky, I wanted to light my face on fire when I did mine
Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #13
Almost there

i never had such a tough time luckily we got mine done real easy!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #14
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I've been convinced by this thread to get my spindles installed by a shop...
Old 05-31-2010, 09:45 AM   #15
Almost there

No No NO please colton give it a shot!!! It really isnt that bad
Old 05-31-2010, 09:47 AM   #16
Almost there

john this will sound like a stupid question: did you remember to put the disk back on before putting the wheel? that could cause the wheel to not have proper spacing.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:01 AM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
john this will sound like a stupid question: did you remember to put the disk back on before putting the wheel? that could cause the wheel to not have proper spacing.
Thats what I was thinking....
Old 05-31-2010, 10:02 AM   #18
Almost there

Thanks Chris now I dont feel like a complete idiot
Old 05-31-2010, 10:11 AM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Chris now I dont feel like a complete idiot
Naw man! You know your shit!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 AM   #20
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
ok ok ok. i aint stupid but here is whats wrong i got new rims all of the rims are correct back spacing besides 1. that one is on the driver side front thats the one thats hitting the spindle. all of the boxes have the same part number. but some how they but one rim in that didnt have the right back spacing. here is a pic first one will be passenger side second driver side. now look at the brake calipers