LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift a 2wd?

Old 05-31-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
RYNO is on a distinguished road

RYNO's Tacoma Gallery
Lift a 2wd?

I have a 2wd TRD Tacoma and have been debating on lifting it, the only thing that has been holding me back is the fact that it is not a 4 wheel drive. With that said would you lift a 2wd Tacoma???
Old 05-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Ramón TRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Ramon Hernandez
Ramón TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna lift mine just for the looks!!! and some big tires !!!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
nothing wrong with lifting a 2wd. Lots of guys on here have done it.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery

Mine is a 2wd. In my opinion, I wouldn't get a 6" lift for a 2wd but 3" looks great! Mine is 2.5"
Old 05-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
Maintenance Man has a spectacular aura aboutMaintenance Man has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
Maintenance Man's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going with billies, 1.75 front and 1.5 or 2 aal in the back. I'm a pre runner also.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Fit bigger tires, more aggressive stance. Sure- Why not?? Original prerunners were designed to go look over trails before the 4x4s got out there...So they still were driving some pretty intense stuff- and usually at higher speeds (long travel suspension).

There are TONs of options and it's actually a bit easier to lift a 2wd. Good luck!!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plus, you don't have to worry about CV's. They look the same. On the road you can't tell the difference. But off road...Maybe a little
Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I've looked around a bit for info about spindles. I've found quite a bit, except actual spindles.

Does Camburg make the only ones? Thats all I've come across. Maybe not searching hard enough? And 4"? Not really wanting to. Especiall that price tag.

Anyone want to point us in a better direction?

Thanks much.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
camburg 4", total chaos 3.5" those are the only 2 options. im running camburg
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #12
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
do it
Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #13
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kurt
KEG'sTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to KEG'sTACO
I'm a lifted Pre-Runner. I don't have a LT suspension yet, so my 6" does just fine! I say do whatever makes you happy.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #14

RYNO's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the QUICK responses guys!! I will be lifting it soon!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #15

I don't know about 2nd Generations, but 1st have a Rear Locker that helps a lot if you are worried about traction.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #16
FJ Cruiser
KEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedKEG'sTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
I don't know about 2nd Generations, but 1st have a Rear Locker that helps a lot if you are worried about traction.
Mine also has a Rear Diff. Locker. They come in handy in many situations.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #18
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYNO View Post
I have a 2wd TRD Tacoma and have been debating on lifting it, the only thing that has been holding me back is the fact that it is not a 4 wheel drive. With that said would you lift a 2wd Tacoma???
I have a 5 lug and its lifted.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:06 PM   #19

RYNO's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I have the rear diff locker
Old 05-31-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
FJ Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
I have a 5 lug and its lifted.
A rather kick-ass 5-lugger, I might add.