Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach Springs Only

Old 05-31-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
wvataco is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
wvataco's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach Springs Only

Does anyone use the eibach lift coils on the factory billsteins? I just want to level the truck out, its brand new and only has 300 miles on it, but I dont want any driveline problems or bump steer issues. I want a good ride, so it makes more since to me that a taller coil may be better than a factory coil compressed on a set of billstein 5100's. I just want to do this one time and not regret it, so all opinions and input is greatly appreciated. By the way this site rocks!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
spiceman will become famous soon enough

Navy: Engineer
spiceman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvataco View Post
Does anyone use the eibach lift coils on the factory billsteins? I just want to level the truck out, its brand new and only has 300 miles on it, but I dont want any driveline problems or bump steer issues. I want a good ride, so it makes more since to me that a taller coil may be better than a factory coil compressed on a set of billstein 5100's. I just want to do this one time and not regret it, so all opinions and input is greatly appreciated. By the way this site rocks!
I put the Eibach coils on some 5100s set at zero but I only got about 1" of lift (4x4s usually get less lift) so I bumped the 5100s up to .85 and and I got about 1.75" of lift total. It rides great and the alignment was spot-on. I have a stock rear excpet for some 5100s and still have about .75" of forward rake. I shared your same concern about not wanting to mess up the stock handling.

Eibach Springs Only-img_0177.jpg

Eibach Springs Only-img_0179.jpg
Old 06-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Eibach Springs on my stock billys to help fix the massive rack I had ofter the rear suspension TSB was done. I got a little over and inch of lift and the springs firmed up the ride.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Carlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud of
Army:
Carlo's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Eibach's and 5100's set at 0 on my 2010 v6 Access Cab. I got almost 2'' of lift up front. It was a little more than expected. It has settled a bit...maybe a quarter inch. I am going to see about TSB or AAL.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
I have the Eibach's and 5100's set at 0 on my 2010 v6 Access Cab. I got almost 2'' of lift up front. It was a little more than expected. It has settled a bit...maybe a quarter inch. I am going to see about TSB or AAL.
Would you mind posting pics?
Old 06-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
wvataco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, this is the type of responses I was looking for. Anyone think that the eibachs with no tsb will be "nose up" ? Just lookin for a nice level setup, but I could live with a very small "rake" back to front (rear higher). Also would this setup clear a 31.9" tire on 20 x 9" wheel with no rubbing whatsoever?
Old 06-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
Carlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud of
Army:
Carlo's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is only like a quarter inch nose high, and you cant really notice it. I put a level on the floor board and on the bed to see how level it was and determined the quarter inch high. Looking at it, you cant really tell. I dont know why I so much more lift than other guys. I even thought the shop that did the work did not put the bottom assembly the right way. But, they did. It drives great and after the second allignment it is stright as an arrow going down the road. It is basically level, but, I discovered that I want a little rack so I am going to TSB or AAL. I am jammed at work all day. I will post pics on thursday.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ordered my Eibachs on Tuesday, they will be here on Friday (Tomorrow)
Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #9
wvataco's Tacoma Gallery
Any more pics of trucks with eibachs only? Thanks to all that have replied.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvataco View Post
Any more pics of trucks with eibachs only? Thanks to all that have replied.
I just got my Eibachs yesterday, I should hopefully have them installed by next weekend. I will be setting my 5100's to zero.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #11
Army:
Carlo's Tacoma Gallery
I promised to post a pic of my truck with Eibachs/5100's set at 0. Stock rear no TSB...yet. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT; Spidertrax 1.25 spacers.
Attached Thumbnails
Eibach Springs Only-img_0170.jpg   Eibach Springs Only-img_0171.jpg  
Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #12
mxracer244 is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
mxracer244's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you guys ordering your Eibach and 5100's from? Is a spring replacement something that should be done at a shop, or can someone like me do this in my garage?
Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer244 View Post
Where are you guys ordering your Eibach and 5100's from? Is a spring replacement something that should be done at a shop, or can someone like me do this in my garage?
I ordered my 5100's from Downsouth Motorsports for $282.99 shipped and my Eibachs from ToyTec Lifts for $164.94 shipped.

I am going to install the lift myself and I have never done anything like this before, I'm thinking it will take me about 4 hours.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #14
beanZnMyTaCo! is on a distinguished road

Name: beanZ!
beanZnMyTaCo!'s Tacoma Gallery
im bout to do mine in about an hour i will dissaembling my shit! along with it are some cross-drilled rotors and ceramic pads.... SEX!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #15

oh! sorry! i just bought eibachs with some 5100's. i failed to mention. but will post pix after the install, will be my first ever lift on any truck. should be fun and relaxin!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:14 AM   #16

first one is B4....

Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #17
Army:
Carlo's Tacoma Gallery
I got my springs at Toy Tec; and my shocks at Wheelers. I had a shop do my work. They charged me 270.00 to install my new parts. That included an alignment.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #18
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
You can just use the Eibachs on the stock shocks but they will work the shocks pretty hard.
If you can swing it get the 5100s and save doing it later when the stock shocks wear out.
You will need to get it aligned after so you can justify the extra cost of the 5100s by only getting one alignment.

On the street you may be fine with the stock shocks but if you work them on the trails it may wear them out faster.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #19
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
I am wondering what made you guys go with the Eibachs over the OME 884's? OME are 590lbs vs 620 on Eibach. I would think the lower spring rate would be easier on the ride.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #20
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanZnMyTaCo! View Post
first one is B4....

Looks Awesome! How do you like the ride? Is it stiff?