Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's Breakdown:

Old 05-28-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
5100's Breakdown:

Ok here we go...

I want a 3"ish lift up front. 1-2" in back. I've got Ready 2.25" level UF now. I want to upgrade to better Bilstiens like the 5100's, but all say dont do it. Well, if 5100's are so good why cant I keep them at stock hight like my TRD Sport shocks and just add the ready lift spacer. And even more, why not add a .85 lift to the 5100's and accomplish an equivelant of 3" lift. Add Diff drop, and some gear change w/royal purple in trans and it seems to be a great investment.

Am I lost? Top plate spacer dont effect shocks or springs, Just the hieght. And right now all I see effected with 3" is differential angle..

Need true facts. No hear say... I dont want to spend 2000 on 6" lift but need a 3" lift with ride quality up front and higher rear end.

Thanks...
Old 05-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
carlos chavez is on a distinguished road
carlos chavez's Tacoma Gallery
Dude u got quite a project.... save up a little more and get 2.5 Fox's or Kings with reservoir thats what I' doing
Old 05-29-2008, 06:15 AM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
whats up Eddie! i love the 5100's, they are a much better shock than the stock billies. from what i've read its recomended that you dont use spacers with the 5100's unless they are at stock height. i dont know exactly why but i would not do it. but if you wanted to keep them at stock height and keep the spacers you have now i say go for it. they will perform better and give you a better ride on and off road. and you should be able to add another small spacer to get up to 3 inches. But like i said, i just wouldnt add spacers and the billies adjusted over stock height. i think that answers your question, if not let me know what other info you're looking for.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
whats up Eddie! i love the 5100's, they are a much better shock than the stock billies. from what i've read its recomended that you dont use spacers with the 5100's unless they are at stock height. i dont know exactly why but i would not do it. but if you wanted to keep them at stock height and keep the spacers you have now i say go for it. they will perform better and give you a better ride on and off road. and you should be able to add another small spacer to get up to 3 inches. But like i said, i just wouldnt add spacers and the billies adjusted over stock height. i think that answers your question, if not let me know what other info you're looking for.
Hey man thanks...

This is what I will most likely do:

Billy 5100's front back = $350ish
Toytech 3/4" spacer= $65 installed top of my readylift 2.25(if compatible)
Toytech 1 1/2" rear blocks= $79
Front Diff drop kit= $29

So depending on the billys I should have a pretty solid lift all around better suspension than stock TRD, and corrected diff angle, all for about 600ish w/install plus allignment.

What you all think?

Looking to get this in July.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Hey man thanks...

This is what I will most likely do:

Billy 5100's front back = $350ish
Toytech 3/4" spacer= $65 installed top of my readylift 2.25(if compatible)
Toytech 1 1/2" rear blocks= $79
Front Diff drop kit= $29

So depending on the billys I should have a pretty solid lift all around better suspension than stock TRD, and corrected diff angle, all for about 600ish w/install plus allignment.

What you all think?

Looking to get this in July.
sounds good! go for it, you will have a really comfortable ride
Old 06-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
On ebay,Downsouth Motors caries the 5100 adj.for 269.All 4 otd.Some have offerd less & it was accepted.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
On reason you dont want to put lift on top of another lift, is that your ball joints will hate you. But in a bad way. If you have a ball joint failure, your whole wheel, brake, spindle,etc. all falls off. It is a No Bueno situationO.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #8
Enjoying my addiction

Question

OK thats good stuff to know. The rep at Toy Tech said the OME kit they sell for 229.00 up front will give a full 3" lift. But I really got to research, cause I'd hate for them to sag down to look like what im running now. Anyone running the OME's with stock TRD shocks?