Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Camburg or Light Racing?

Old 06-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg or Light Racing?

Tough time deciding what to do. I want to lift about 1.75" or so, I want new UCAs just to be safe and do it "right", but I'm not sure I really want to chuck out $700 on total chaos UCAs.

I was thinking of going either Light Racing or the ball-joint Camburg's http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upcamburgcotaco.htm

I've heard some not so great reviews of the LRs, so I'm wondering if anyone has used the camburg UCA that uses your original ball joint.

Is not having a uni-ball that big a deal? What are it's limitations? I'm assuming it'll still bring my alignment in check.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
You might not need UCAs at 1.75"... but if you do, I've been very pleased with my Camburg balljoint UCAs: No noise, no maintenance, smooth, corrected my caster, look good, allow alot more droop/tuck, and if you do it yourself they're your cheapest option.

The only reason you would need a Uniball type is if you do some REAL serious rough stuff: high speed, jump, heavy rock-crawling. The Uniball design is far stronger than a ball-joint, BUT it's a trade off as the Uniball needs some maintenance, cost more than double, can be noisy, and you still are left with a ball-joint on your LCA.

The uniball is superior, but the camburg Ball-joint UCA is still bounds ahead of the stock UCA... you won't be dissappointed.