Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TC UCA Problems??

Old 06-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
TC UCA Problems??

I have had the TC UCA's on my truck for about 5K and just noticed the other day what is in the picture below, the front rubber bushing seems to be squeezing out..anyone seen this or have an idea if it is a problem or if it is ok?

Passenger Side bulge circled

Passenger Side Closeup

This is the driver side which is normal looking

Old 06-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
loosen it up, take the bolt out and get all the grease out. then reinstall grease without tightening (little bit) then tighten after you grease
Old 06-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
loosen it up, take the bolt out and get all the grease out. then reinstall grease without tightening (little bit) then tighten after you grease

its way over greased you can see the grease oozing from the mushroomed spacer things
x2

too tight!!

the only problem i have with mine is the ball joint is rusting... less than a year old.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
x2

too much grease!!

the only problem i have with mine is the ball joint is rusting... less than a year old.
fixed
Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
haha, ok. i had the same deal with mine after i took them off and reinstalled... had them too tight. case to case i guess...
Old 06-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
haha, ok. i had the same deal with mine after i took them off and reinstalled... had them too tight. case to case i guess...

to tight? They are both torqued to the same spec on both sides only one side is doing this, I can believe the over greased though..So taking it out and then putting it back in (after cleaning the grease should do the trick? No need to replace the bushing?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
to tight? They are both torqued to the same spec on both sides only one side is doing this, I can believe the over greased though..So taking it out and then putting it back in (after cleaning the grease should do the trick? No need to replace the bushing?
Just make sure the bushing settles back in correctly. If it's permanently deformed you are going to have to get a replacement.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Just make sure the bushing settles back in correctly. If it's permanently deformed you are going to have to get a replacement.

great, I have a 900 mile trip tomorrow morning..
Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #10

Is there a torque spec on this someone might have handy i can't find it...
Old 06-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Same kinda thing happened to me and it was just over-greased. I took a paper clip and pushed in the bushing where the the zerk fitting is and the extra grease flowed right out. Took it for a drive after and the bulge was gone.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
yep thats a case of too much grease.

My uni-balls are rusting too.

yeah I smear some grease on the upper and lower portions of the uni-ball also...
Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Same kinda thing happened to me and it was just over-greased. I took a paper clip and pushed in the bushing where the the zerk fitting is and the extra grease flowed right out. Took it for a drive after and the bulge was gone.

I was just about to jack the truck up..when I saw this post...I will try that first!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
yep thats a case of too much grease.

My uni-balls are rusting too.
May want to get some teflon lube for them.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Yeah my passenger side uniball squeaked a little bit so I sprayed some dry teflon lube and it was good to go.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #18

You sir are officialy on my Christmas card list and birthday list!! The paper clip did the trick..grease jetted out, it was way overfilled and the bushing just sank back in, I am going to ride it around and then do it again just to make sure...

You saved me a ton of work before my trip!

Thanks much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Old 06-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testedone View Post
You sir are officialy on my Christmas card list and birthday list!! The paper clip did the trick..grease jetted out, it was way overfilled and the bushing just sank back in, I am going to ride it around and then do it again just to make sure...

You saved me a ton of work before my trip!

Thanks much!
Hey no problem. Thats what we're here for bud!! Glad it worked out.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #20
jmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmed99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmed99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post

Youg ot a link? How often should we apply the lube?