Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Good or Not?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
vtman 908 is on a distinguished road
vtman 908's Tacoma Gallery
Good or Not?

Is this a good purchase to raise my truck 3 inches? Will it mess anything up?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Is it alright to run spacers in the back? Will that mess up my suspension?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Don't run spacers in the front. Harsh ride and you run the risk of snapping a coilover on a pothole when the shock bottoms out before the suspension hits the bumpstops.

It's happened to folks on this site. Do it right and go with some aftermarket adjustable coilovers.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
There are people who run spacers and never had a problem. If you are on a budget I would check around for some 5100's made by Bilstein or save up for some coil spring lift by ToyTec/OME.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtman 908 View Post
Is this a good purchase to raise my truck 3 inches? Will it mess anything up?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Don't waste your money..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Don't run spacers in the front. Harsh ride and you run the risk of snapping a coilover on a pothole when the shock bottoms out before the suspension hits the bumpstops.

It's happened to folks on this site. Do it right and go with some aftermarket adjustable coilovers.
Listen to this guy.. He knows a thing or two!

or three or four..
Old 06-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
naa i dont think he knows anything about tacomas....
Old 06-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #7
Scarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Scarab21's Tacoma Gallery
just get a set of front adjustable 5100's get u about 2.5 max lift. and do a aal in the back... should cost around 400.. for parts.. then install on a mod day.. or get someone on here to help u.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab21 View Post
just get a set of front adjustable 5100's get u about 2.5 max lift. and do a aal in the back... should cost around 400.. for parts.. then install on a mod day.. or get someone on here to help u.
X2

IMO this is the best lift option for the money.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
vtman 908 is on a distinguished road
vtman 908's Tacoma Gallery
So i should get what scarab said to get?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
Scarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarab21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Scarab21's Tacoma Gallery
you can do whatever you want.. thats what i did cause im on a budget.. i got the rear leaf springs done by Toyota TSB... (free) adds about and inch.. and i got the 5100's set @ 2.5 up front.. stock rims and tires. i installed myself on ALL-PRO mod day.. cost me $200 total.. shazam!

Good or Not?-img00043-20100515-0618.jpg

not much.. but with bigger tires (coming soon) and another leaf in the back and i should be alright.. then when i have the $ im definatly going with some real coilovers or some spindles.. really want the 4" out of the spindles.. and the look with the prerunner!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Give us a call and we can help you get setup with what will fit your budget, or needs.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #12

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
^ Wheeler's is an excellent vendor that's always taken care of the Tacoma community. They won't steer you wrong.

I figured I'd throw in the endorsement since vtman 908 is new and probably unfamiliar with who's treated us right over the years.