Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Realignment necessary with 1/4" spacer to correct "taco lean"?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
Realignment necessary with 1/4" spacer to correct "taco lean"?

my driver's side front end sits about 1/2" lower due to the taco lean and i was going to get a 1/4" spacer from toytec thats supposed to give about 1/2" of lift...just wondering if i would need to get my truck realigned if i got this put on..
Old 06-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1/4 in spacer sitting in front of me and I havent wanted to shell out the money for a alignment with my current set up
Old 06-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to look into that when i get new UCAs or do whatever Im going to do haha
Old 06-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea so pretty much the 20 buck for it and prob the 30-40 to get it installed will be more like 150 after everything is said and done lol. not worth it to make like a half an inch of diff....prob just gonna get dynamat put in my doors instead haha
Old 06-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
$150 for a life time at Firestone has done great things for me...
i went there for their special and the manager of that specific store says he couldnt give me the lifetime deal because my trucks suspension and geometry is not stock...BS F* that
Old 06-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
i went there for their special and the manager of that specific store says he couldnt give me the lifetime deal because my trucks suspension and geometry is not stock...BS F* that
Yeah..That dude is a rahtard. He lost business over something that is trivial. I still use the stock alignment specs...I have had techs tell me "Something is different about your truck- but it lined right up..."
Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

plus im running spindles which keep the geometry lol i went in there with the camburg spindle info and everything and the manager said he was an avid wheeler and unfortunately since the lift "altered stock geometry" he couldnt do it
Old 06-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #11
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGus View Post
yea so pretty much the 20 buck for it and prob the 30-40 to get it installed will be more like 150 after everything is said and done lol. not worth it to make like a half an inch of diff....
just wondering why you would pay to get it installed? it's a really easy install to do.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #12
Almost there

^2 especially since it sits on top of the strut, making the install extremely super easy and probably take you less than an hour
Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #14
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
don't u have to take apart the whole spring and strut assembly?
didn't have to compress any springs on my 2nd gen. the spacer sits on top. took me 30 minutes.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #15
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
firestone in ny sucks .....
talk to your local shop first and see if they are good at their job!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #16
05SuperChrg is on a distinguished road
05SuperChrg's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone splain to me how to install the spacer- do I need OME front springs to perform the easy method? I do not want to have to deal with the front springs...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #17
Almost there

it install right on top of your current or stock coilovers. take the 3 bolts and loosen them from the top, lower the strut assembly, install spacer, push back into the whatever and tighten the 3 bolts back up
Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #18

do u think it would hurt anything if 3 sides of the truck were level and one was higher? cuz if i put in the spacer the whole driver side will be level at 36 3/4" and the passenger front is already at 36 3/4" as of now but then the passenger rear is a little over 37". so do u guys think that would hurt anything having one corner higher than the rest?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #19
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
do u think it would hurt anything if 3 sides of the truck were level and one was higher? cuz if i put in the spacer the whole driver side will be level at 36 3/4" and the passenger front is already at 36 3/4" as of now but then the passenger rear is a little over 37". so do u guys think that would hurt anything having one corner higher than the rest?
It doesn't hurt anything on all the stock tacos that have the lean, why would it hurt yours to have a little lean the other way?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #20

well i figured it would mess something up or be hard to align if three corners of the truck were good and one was off..idk? haha

also would adding new rear shocks raise the back up a little even if they aren't longer, like with the stiffness i mean (bilstein 5100's)