Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How to remove front springs

Old 06-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
How to remove front springs

I want to lower the front of my truck 1" and the back 2". The back is easy...blocks. And for the front im buying another set of stock springs and cutting a coil to get my 1". Im not quite sure how to remove the front springs. Im going to a friend's house who has just about every tool imaginable but i need a tips on removal. I searched for a topic but couldnt find any. If anyone has a good write up or some pics any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
spring compressor from auto zone. but why cut the coils just as bad as heating them up and usein the weight of the truck to collapse them
Old 06-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
How are you going to lower the rear with blocks? I'm curious to know as I haven't heard of this.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
How are you going to lower the rear with blocks? I'm curious to know as I haven't heard of this.
wat?really?U prolly have heard of it, it just didnt click in my post. Its the most common way to lower a truck. You put a block (1-4") in between the back axle and the leaf springs. and tighten it down with longer u bolts. Thus increasing the space between the leaf springs and axle. Bringing the bed closer to the wheel and making it lower
Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha! I wasn't visualizing underslung springs. Perfectly clear now.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 AM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1taco View Post
I want to lower the front of my truck 1" and the back 2". The back is easy...blocks. And for the front im buying another set of stock springs and cutting a coil to get my 1". Im not quite sure how to remove the front springs. Im going to a friend's house who has just about every tool imaginable but i need a tips on removal. I searched for a topic but couldnt find any. If anyone has a good write up or some pics any help would be great. Thanks!
u don't want to go any lower? cause cut springs won't really ride that great. you can get an easy 3" of drop out front with the ball joint flip for around $50.

you have a first gen truck right? just making sure. cause im not super familiar with working on them...