Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

revolver shackles

Old 06-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
alexlies is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
alexlies's Tacoma Gallery
revolver shackles

any body used these on there tacomas? i use to want them but i dunno anymore i dont see really anyone rocking them. lets hear your input about them
Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I had them on a Jeep and they worked great. The problem on the Taco is that our shackles hang up instead of down = revolvers won't work.

But, there is a company called Armor Tech on here that makes a bolt-on shackle reversal kit for $100 (3/4 down the first post): http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...duct-line.html

Put those on, then put the Revolvers on, then post pics of you flexing the crap out of the rear.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Umm....I actually bought a set for my jeep and never installed them.

Do some research....there are lots of pros/cons.

I WOULD NOT put them on a daily driver / street vehicle. The only way I'd put them on, is if you can LOCK THEM DOWN in a standard shackle configuration for street usage.

If you brake too hard or corner too hard - those things can open up and possibly cause a really serious accident. Also - while offroading when going down a steep grade, they can open up and possibly put the cab of your truck over your head. It's hard to explain.....

Again - I WOULD NOT put them on a street vehicle.

Honestly? They give you a lot of flex. Whoooppee..... Get yourself a rear locker and you won't need the extra flex.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
alexlies is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
alexlies's Tacoma Gallery
i have the locker. and yea i know what u mean about them opening up thanks for the info guys.