Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Hauling an ATV

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Big Easy is on a distinguished road
Big Easy's Tacoma Gallery
Hauling an ATV

Just purchaed a 2010 Prerunner Doublecab Offroad with tow package. I have a Honda Rincon and after taking some measurments it looks like if I want to haul it in the bed, the rear tires will be sitting directly on the tailgate. Has anyone tried hauling their ATV in the bed? If so, what modifications did you make to raise the front tires on to the wheel wells? And, will the tailgate support the weight of the back end of the ATV?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from TX. I have never done it, but I know a lot of guys on here let it sit on the tailgate. But I can't remember if they are doing that with their sport ATVs or full sized ones like yours.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:05 AM   #3
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I take the tailgate off when I don't have the topper on. Otherwise trailer.

Maybe just toss a couple boards under the ATV tires that extend the length of the tailgate to help distirbute the weight and/or keep the tailgate from bouncing.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Camdan will become famous soon enoughCamdan will become famous soon enough
Name: Cameron
Camdan's Tacoma Gallery
I put my Grizzly 700 in the back of mine with 30" mudzillas. It sits on my tailgate and my two front tires fit perfectly in between my fenders. The front tires are 30x9. I haven't had any problems out of it yet.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdan View Post
I put my Grizzly 700 in the back of mine with 30" mudzillas. It sits on my tailgate and my two front tires fit perfectly in between my fenders. The front tires are 30x9. I haven't had any problems out of it yet.
Damn, that sounds like a sweet set up! Pics. I thought my 26 mudlites were big LOL I needed the TSB springs to make things ride right before my AAL
Attached Thumbnails
Hauling an ATV-truckatv.jpg  
Old 06-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
I put my Rancher 420 in my short bed. The wheels sit right on the front edge of the tailgate. Just make sure you put a blanket or something in between the rear window and the atv.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I fit my 2009 raptor 350 no problem, not alot of room but works.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Supreme Ruler
Snowman11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Snow
Snowman11's Tacoma Gallery
Here's how I do it.
Attached Thumbnails
Hauling an ATV-6.jpg   Hauling an ATV-3.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #9
grippy is on a distinguished road
grippy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman11 View Post
Here's how I do it.
Hey I was looking to haul my Honda TRX700XX and buy a dirt bike and wanted to haul both in my short bed truck without a trailer so I can offroad up the mountains in AZ to our hidden camping sites. I was looking at this: http://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb-...ier-99721.html but my tailgate has to be down since the 500lb quad sticks out from the bed a bit. Your idea looks great for this and I was wondering if this was a completely fabricated idea or did you buy the ramps somewhere and rig up the rest? Let me know the details I want to make this. Also do you have any closer pics of the mounting points? Currently I took the two bed bolts out and mounted a straight bar on the bed with a winch to pull my quad up on my lifted Tacoma. Just making sure nothing gets in the way. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #10
AKTacoParty is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Jake
AKTacoParty's Tacoma Gallery
I put my Honda rancher 350 in no problem, no extra room and the truck squats even with the tab springs but no problems.

Products Discussed in this Thread