Notices

lifts...

Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
MattM0 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MattM0's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MattM0
lifts...

okay guys ive searched all over this forum for imformation and decided i still know nothin about lifts. i have a good 2 years to think about lifting my tacoma due to a warranty. i have spoken to a few mechanics i know around where i live and they told me think hard before i do it because it devalues the truck and rides like shit after after a lift. i want to do a suspension lift because i want more ground clearance and also just for looks. my riding would 15% offroad and 85% on road. I want to know how you guys truck rode after your lift and what kind of lift would be the best way to go to maintain the most comfort ride possible. your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I put on the OME lift from Toytec....3" lift.
To me it's rougher riding....but not unbearable.

ANY lift is going to take the ride from stock and make it a little rougher.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I have an OME/Billstein/Alcan modest lift and it rides WAY better than stock both on and off road. I love it.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
^^yup I had the toy tec 3" lift and it rode like crap compared to my current lift.
Fox 2.0 coilovers and wheelers 3 AAL pack with billsteins.

you could just do a simple lift and add some eibach coils up front to level the truck. It would still have a nice ride, wont affect warrenty, and you wont have any problems getting aligned properly

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...1&apwida1dEfVh