Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

diff drop yes or no?

Old 06-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
superbikedad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
superbikedad's Tacoma Gallery
diff drop yes or no?

I have an 07 dbl cab 4 wheel trd. I installed billy 5100's all around set at 1.75 front and 1 1/4 blocks in the rear about 6 months ago. Havent been happy with the way truck has been driving since lift install. Truck does not go down the road smooth and sounds like I have mudders on it at any speed. I can feel in the pedals and the steering wheel every... wa wa wa...as Im going down the road. I just installed the diff drop. Truck rides really smoothe. Little little vibes up to 20mph then really smooth up to about 55mph. At 55 60mph truck has some vibes.....but its a smooth consistent vibe...not a in and out harsh vibe and the...wa wa wa...seems to be less. Hope Im making sense here. My question is this... before the diff drop. Truck was pretty quiet, but did make the wa wa wa like a mudder tire. It did not ride smooth at any speed and had strong vibes at slower speeds(25mph or less). After diff drop...truck is really smooth everywhere but i can almost hear the vibes or front diff making noise. It sound like I have an aggressive mudder on the truck. But instead of a ..wa wa wa. Its more like an agressive howl like some tires do. I do not have agressive tires. Tires are open country all terrains. I like the way the truck rides now but am cocerned about the noise. Should I leave the diff drop on or remove it? SORRY FOR THE LONG POST. THANKS
Old 06-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
Has your truck been aligned? What about rotating the tires and having them balanced?

Those are good places to start.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
superbikedad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
superbikedad's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah ..tires rotated and balanced. Aligned at two different sources because I wanted to know it was as good as it can be. I just dont want to cause any damage leaving the diff drop in.