1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

diff drop yes or no?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by superbikedad, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Jun 4, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    superbikedad

superbikedad [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Lake Stevens, Washington
    Vehicle:
    07 sr5 trd dbl cb 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, 1.75 lift front, 1' block rear,265/70/16
    I have an 07 dbl cab 4 wheel trd. I installed billy 5100's all around set at 1.75 front and 1 1/4 blocks in the rear about 6 months ago. Havent been happy with the way truck has been driving since lift install. Truck does not go down the road smooth and sounds like I have mudders on it at any speed. I can feel in the pedals and the steering wheel every... wa wa wa...as Im going down the road. I just installed the diff drop. Truck rides really smoothe. Little little vibes up to 20mph then really smooth up to about 55mph. At 55 60mph truck has some vibes.....but its a smooth consistent vibe...not a in and out harsh vibe and the...wa wa wa...seems to be less. Hope Im making sense here. My question is this... before the diff drop. Truck was pretty quiet, but did make the wa wa wa like a mudder tire. It did not ride smooth at any speed and had strong vibes at slower speeds(25mph or less). After diff drop...truck is really smooth everywhere but i can almost hear the vibes or front diff making noise. It sound like I have an aggressive mudder on the truck. But instead of a ..wa wa wa. Its more like an agressive howl like some tires do. I do not have agressive tires. Tires are open country all terrains. I like the way the truck rides now but am cocerned about the noise. Should I leave the diff drop on or remove it? SORRY FOR THE LONG POST. THANKS

2. Jun 5, 2010 at 8:23 AM
    toycar18

toycar18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 Reg Cab 2.7L
    OME Suspension, BFG 33x10.50 AT, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Rear ARB Air Locker, LCE Header, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, K&N Intake
    Has your truck been aligned? What about rotating the tires and having them balanced?

Those are good places to start.

3. Jun 5, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    superbikedad

superbikedad [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Lake Stevens, Washington
    Vehicle:
    07 sr5 trd dbl cb 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, 1.75 lift front, 1' block rear,265/70/16
    Yeah ..tires rotated and balanced. Aligned at two different sources because I wanted to know it was as good as it can be. I just dont want to cause any damage leaving the diff drop in.

Products Discussed in

To Top