Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Spindle questions

Old 06-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Spindle questions

If I have 3" +- of lift and I put on 4" Lift Spindles, does that put 4" of lift on top of the 3" +- lift?

How hard are they to put on? What's the time it takes?

Is there a sellers market for stock spindles?

Can I run 35" MT tires with stock wheels with the Lift Spindles?

Thanks
Old 06-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
1) Yes.
2a) They can be a PITA if you don't have patience, tools, or know what you're doing.
2b) It varies on who is installing, how many sets of hands, and how much you know. I would say plan at least a weekend around it just to be safe. If all goes well roughly about 8 +- hours.
3) Not too sure what you mean by this question but your best bet is to just buy from the vendor since it's rare to come up on some used ones.
4) You can if you have the 3+-" lift with the spindles and have some major rear end lift.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
So i will have 7.5" of lift total in the front? Wow thats great!

Thanks for the help Jacob!

only $500 left to go!
Old 06-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody else have anything to add?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
You will need to regear to run those tires. Maybe some 4.56's
Old 06-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
You'll need extended brake lines.
Oh yes, I know that. They are like $10 so not too crazy but thanks Colton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
You will need to regear to run those tires. Maybe some 4.56's
Would the stock gears handle the 35"s until I can regear?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post

No problem, the Camburg ext. brake lines are $90 if you were wondering...
Old 06-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I guess they will but you will loose a lot of power and it is just harder on the whole drive train. You would be fine for a little while though, plus a prerunner will be fairly cheap to regear.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You don't want 7.5" of lift dude. I'm just warning you

Keep it at 4-4.5".
Old 06-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anybody else have anything to add?
Your COG will be pretty high and the stress on the truck is something to consider, referring to the tires mostly. Also what are you going to do for the rear?

Quote:

Yes. I know a guy that's been running 35's on stock gears for some time now.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post

Keep it at 4-4.5".
So should I drop down my Billys a notch? If I get the Lift Spindles?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I guess they will but you will loose a lot of power and it is just harder on the whole drive train. You would be fine for a little while though, plus a prerunner will be fairly cheap to regear.
Yeah I can see that. My carrier bearing needs help so that will make me fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Your COG will be pretty high and the stress on the truck is something to consider, referring to the tires mostly. Also what are you going to do for the rear?
Yes. I know a guy that's been running 35's on stock gears for some time now.
I may get All-Pro Rear Leaf pack. I'm not sure yet. I'll have to see what everyone else's setup is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
No problem, the Camburg ext. brake lines are $90 if you were wondering...
Wow. Thats alot.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #14
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Dude. Lift it 4" from the Camburg Spindle and set your 5100's to .85 and you're golden. You'll have a real nice lift in the Front and have the 5100's juts set right.

However, if I were you. I'd get the Camburgs and a nice coilover and leave the coilover set @ the lowest setting. Awesome ride.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
So i will have 7.5" of lift total in the front? Wow thats great!

Thanks for the help Jacob!

only $500 left to go!
Spindles=4"
5100's=2.5" (max)
+ whatever else you may have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post

Keep it at 4-4.5".
This is what you want. 7.5" is wayyyy to much.

Quote:
So should I drop down my Billys a notch? If I get the Lift Spindles?
Yes, I had spindles + 5100's at 2.5" and it was terrible. I now just have the lift spindles and it's perfect.

For the rear set up you're going to need a lot more than just the AP leaf pack. My plan originally was to get shackle flip kit+alcan leaf pack+shackles to even it out. That's just too hard to do all at once. If you get that height I would recommend new UCA's because of the strain on the stock ones. I'm sure you have seen my truck at the 6.5" with nothing in the back. I HIGHLY recommend you to NOT have that much height.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #16
mnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Michael
mnudo200827's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry dont mean to steal your thread, but i plan on getting the same spindles but instead of billys 5100s, i am going to get icon coilovers and for the rear i am going to to get a custom leaf springs made from alcan and get 35" tires. My question to everybody is, i heard that you can get a 10% discount from camburg if you mention that you are a member here, is that true? Also did anybody get them from somewhere else at a discounted price? Also what extended brake lines do you recommend other then the $90 one from camburg. Thanks..Mike
Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #17
David10MGM has a spectacular aura aboutDavid10MGM has a spectacular aura about
Name: David
David10MGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude. Lift it 4" from the Camburg Spindle and set your 5100's to .85 and you're golden. You'll have a real nice lift in the Front and have the 5100's juts set right.
This is the set-up that I am debating. Already have the 5100's, just need the spindles. I like a little bit of rake, so what rear set-up could someone recommend? I would like to do a leaf pack but need about 4in. in the rear.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #18
mnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by David10MGM View Post
This is the set-up that I am debating. Already have the 5100's, just need the spindles. I like a little bit of rake, so what rear set-up could someone recommend? I would like to do a leaf pack but need about 4in. in the rear.
I am going to get a custom leaf pack from alcan, they can custumize it just the way you want the leaf pack to be, wether it be for hauling, off roading, just a daily drive, its all fully custom, and they can put lift in it. i got quoted $500 for both.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #19
David10MGM has a spectacular aura aboutDavid10MGM has a spectacular aura about
Name: David
David10MGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am going to get a custom leaf pack from alcan, they can custumize it just the way you want the leaf pack to be, wether it be for hauling, off roading, just a daily drive, its all fully custom, and they can put lift in it. i got quoted $500 for both.
Sounds good. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:32 AM   #20
Sorry dont mean to steal your thread, but i plan on getting the same spindles but instead of billys 5100s, i am going to get icon coilovers and for the rear i am going to to get a custom leaf springs made from alcan and get 35" tires. My question to everybody is, i heard that you can get a 10% discount from camburg if you mention that you are a member here, is that true? Also did anybody get them from somewhere else at a discounted price? Also what extended brake lines do you recommend other then the $90 one from camburg. Thanks..Mike