Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looking to lift & upgrade tires, info appreciated

Old 06-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
oldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Bryan
oldcorps's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to lift & upgrade tires, info appreciated

Hi, just looking for some info on a lift kit and tires. looking to put a 2-3 inch lift on my 08 trd 4x4 dbl cab longbed. does anyone have any info on if i put dueller at 285/70/r17 on stock rims what is the least amount of lift i need? im really looking to keep stock bilsteins on, i mostly drive hwy and beach offroad. oh and would i need and rear blocks or leafs, the truck has about a 2" rake to it. if so which is better? thanks, this thread has alot of knowledgable people and grat tacos.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a set of OME front springs and all four shocks.
Worth it to spend a bit more now than figure out you will need it later and have to get another alignment.

Rear I went with an AAL to lift it just a bit.

Can't help with wheels and tires yet I am still stock there.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tacomaworld Bryan. you will need spacers with the stock rims for that size tire. as far as suspension. imo the Bilstein 5100s should be sufficient if set on the middle notch
Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Go with some CO's and UCA's up front and for the rear go with some OME Dakars or deaver's leaf spring kit.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
I rolled with an OME 3" lift with 265/75/16 BFG at/ko E series. Its fairly cheap and easy to install. Or you could go with Bilstien 5100's all around and an AAL..
Old 06-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
callahansd
callahansd's Tacoma Gallery
if price is an issue as it was with me, just get a 2 or 3 inch spacer kit w/add a leaf (like i did), unless you plan on taking it off road a lot, then go with the new coils, i have 285/70/17 on stock rims and a 1/4 inch wheel spacer, even with the spacer iv lost about 10-15% of my turning, they only rub on the stock UCA, the Stock UCA will also make it impossible to align it all the way, Im saving up for new control arms now, you'll have to get them eventually but until then I just rotate and balance regularly. Do your homework before buying anything!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
oldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldcorps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
thanks guys, if i just got the 5100s, i could use the stock coils correct? would i still need aal or could i stay stock in the rear?
Old 06-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
yes you can use the stock coils. and yes you can stay stock in the rear.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
Marines:
thanks rick, i looked up the 5100s and looks like the best option, if i go 285/65/17 do i still need spacers? or even better with stock rims whats the largest tire i can go?
ps. took a look at your picks , sweet ride,clean look,tastefully done.thanks again.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome the 5100s are adjustable. You would need to set them at 2.5". You might also need a 1 and 1/2" or 2" AAL for the rear. At 2.5 you will clear 285s, but will need wheel spacers for stock rims; Probably 1.25" Spidertrax. This is what I'm doing to mine in the near furture