Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCA question

Old 06-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
bowhuntingaddict is on a distinguished road
bowhuntingaddict's Tacoma Gallery
UCA question

So if I were to install a lift on my truck, say the OME lift kit off of toytec am I also going to need to buy new UCAs, and if I don't would this cause any problems to my truck.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
its a good idea to get the UCAs, but I am running the OME kit and my alignment is within specs and I have not had a problem.

Edit: I don't have UCAs or the top plate spacers.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Thank you, thats good to know, what wheels to you have on your tacoma?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

16x8 Helo HE719 and 285 km2s
Old 06-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
Are you planning on adding new UCAs later
Old 06-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #6

Im kinda psyco and I have no clue what I am planning on doing. Probably in july I will order some top plate spacers and TC UCAs, but If i get some business I may go Long travel up front, or a drop bracket 6 inch lift.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
Ha that would look pretty sick. Just trying to get an idea of what I want.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
so KTMRider
you have a 3" lift, no UCAs, and you have no problems?
How long have you had the lift? and do you drive hard?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
I guess what I am getting at, money is a little tight.... so if I put a lift on the truck, do I also NEED to put UCAs on?
Although, TRICOMA, when the time comes, I will probably do your built rights. I just can't throw the additional $500 down right now.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:18 PM   #11
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
I guess what I am getting at, money is a little tight.... so if I put a lift on the truck, do I also NEED to put UCAs on?
Although, TRICOMA, when the time comes, I will probably do your built rights. I just can't throw the additional $500 down right now.

Do you need them...I don't think so.

But you just have to look at the stress you put on your stocks ones. If you think it is too much do not lift the truck to high.

Lift for functionality not looks.

I ran my lift without aftermarket UCAs for a while and I wheeled a lot as well. I did not have any issues. I just know with the UCAs I have now I have articulation vs my stock. Smoother as well.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
so KTMRider
you have a 3" lift, no UCAs, and you have no problems?
How long have you had the lift? and do you drive hard?
Well, the ride could be better but I cant complain. 5 months and 4 thousand miles. I drive the shit out of my truck