LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Will AAL fix the TSB issue?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
Will AAL fix the TSB issue?

So if I don't want to mess with the TSB (drop the truck off for a day and if they "determine" it needs the AAL then they order and I leave my truck for another day) can I simply pick up an AAL kit from Toytec or Wheelers and do my own TSB? I want the lift as I'm about to put on my 5100's and Eibachs but I also want the increase in payload. Is it the same thing?

I'm leaning towards the Wheelers 1.5" which should cover the .85 or "0" settings on the billys (can't determine which one I'm going to do)

Thanks for your help!

hip
Old 06-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
jusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nice
jusmac's Tacoma Gallery
yup, if you lift with the AAL it will be the same thing
Old 06-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I have used AAL's on two trucks.
Just prefer to do it myself and it was not a big job.
Yes it is not free but some of the hassle I have read about with some dealers can take up a lot of your time as well.

I used a 2" on the 09 and a 1 1/2" on my 10.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, if you're under warrantee....I'd get the TSB done.

You have only 2 leafs in there..... the TSB will give you a 3rd leaf.

What exactly are you looking for in terms of lift amount?

You're far better off having a replacement leaf pak than an AAL in terms of longevity & ruggedness.
AAL's can sag over time and puts stress on your original leaf paks.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
with the TSB they dont just throw in a single leaf. they replace your entire shitty 3 (2 plus OL) leaf pack with a whole new 4 (3 plus OL) leaf pack. then if you want to get more lift you add in a AAL.